Gritty Talk Part III: Cleared after investigation into assault (Feb. 3, 2020)

IPW

Apr 30, 2012
RHgiUZu.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Gritty has been such a gift to us.

It has been, but I have to admit to some Grit fatigue. Part of it is that I don't have my tablet thing, so I can't play with it much at the moment. But it's also kind of, like, outside of the confines of the Hive too much, like too much a part of the Facebook crowd and other teams' boards and fanbases. I like it when we have our ridiculous and stupid inside jokes on here the best.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It has been, but I have to admit to some Grit fatigue. Part of it is that I don't have my tablet thing, so I can't play with it much at the moment. But it's also kind of, like, outside of the confines of the Hive too much, like too much a part of the Facebook crowd and other teams' boards and fanbases. I like it when we have our ridiculous and stupid inside jokes on here the best.
I don't even have a facebook page. Never made one to start with and it's been the best decision I've made in my entire life.

I've also barely came in this thread, so I'm not as burnt out on him as others might be.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't even have a facebook page. Never made one to start with and it's been the best decision I've made in my entire life.

I've also barely came in this thread, so I'm not as burnt out on him as others might be.

I wouldn't be part of anything sports-related on Facebook if you paid me. I just meant that as an example of the "casuals" getting in on this. We are the experts on how to take something and run with it with immense stupidity and they should leave it to our capable hands and cracked brains. :naughty: But mostly I just want my tools back so I can play with it more lol

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't be part of anything sports-related on Facebook if you paid me. I just meant that as an example of the "casuals" getting in on this. We are the experts on how to take something and run with it with immense stupidity and they should leave it to our capable hands and cracked brains. :naughty: But mostly I just want my tools back so I can play with it more lol
Yeah, filthy casuals...

They don’t appreciate our comic genius.
They don’t even have Hak memes.
They don’t deserve Gritty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Speaking of Hak memes...

When he's finally fired, we should gather every Hak meme we can find, put them on a flash drive, and give it a viking funeral.

Mine alone would fill an armada of longships.

#SetFiretoHakstok

3T6P1nZ.jpg

I have so many Hakstok things that I have run out of reasonable names - that one is called "hakhank" for some reason.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
(very) Free translation of an interview in French from good old Danny Brière about Gritty;

"I was there when Gritty was launch and I can tell you that a lot of people in the marketing department were nervous. At first, Gritty received a lot of backlashes and you could see many long faces around the office. Fortunately, things started to shift very quickly and by the end of the first day, he was "adopted" by Flyers fans. It seems that all his "flaws" made it very easy for people to relate to Gritty."

With close to 125K followers on Twitter, I bet that "I told you so" was the most used phrase in Flyers office of late.

Reactions: kudymen and Jtown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad