Gritty Talk Part III: Cleared after investigation into assault (Feb. 3, 2020)

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
someone needs to call child services. No parent should allow their child to have any knowledge of Gritty. What were these parents thinking. Poor Kid is never going to rest peacefully again.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
someone needs to call child services. No parent should allow their child to have any knowledge of Gritty. What were these parents thinking. Poor Kid is never going to rest peacefully again.
I showed my kids and they weren’t phased. When I asked if he was a good guy or a monster my daughter said monster and laughed, my 18 month roared and laughed lol.

Reactions: Rebels57

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Next time Philly plays in San Jose, they better bring Gritty to get a Photo with our resident Wookie Brent Burns and his sifu Jumbo
cut.jpg

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Couple Local Sports People are now spreading the theory around that all the Gritty following and love from Philly People is stemming from our merely defending Philly... like we supported the Eagles Hate from around the Country.

Glenn Maknow and HockeyBuzz's Eklund are saying that we hated Gritty until we saw the rest of the Country dissing him, saying he is a mistake and a bad Mascot... and when we heard all that we then started to support Gritty. This would seem to suggest that we really still think he is bad but defend him because he is OURS.

The way I'm seeing it that at first... mostly before his rollout, and immediately after, many Philly people didn't like Gritty... but after seeing him in action, and seeing him on Twitter, we suddenly took to him strongly... and felt Gritty love... Also, I actually see the National Media taking well to Gritty and enjoying him... not dissing him... but playing along like the late night hosts did... the morning shows seemed to be enjoying him.

Am I looking this incorrectly?
From an outsider and Certified Avowed Eagle Hater: he has grown on me because his behavior aligns with his appearance. He is a total klutz, bull in China shop type. If he walked around trying to be Cutie McMascot, he wouldn't have grown on me.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I showed my kids and they weren’t phased. When I asked if he was a good guy or a monster my daughter said monster and laughed, my 18 month roared and laughed lol.

Like have they slept since then? Or are they just rocking back and forth holding their knees to their chests starring wide at their bedroom door when you go to wake them up in the morning?

Last edited:

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I dislike that he's getting used in politics. I love that people are gravitating to him (Flying P REPRESENT!). If only 1 out of 20 protestors becomes a hockey fan, presuming they previously were not, then Gritty really does work miracles.

And, just following the rabbit hole, found this one retweeted by someone linked in the story

The fact his iris have shadows really adds a next level terror factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad