Gritty Talk Part III: Cleared after investigation into assault (Feb. 3, 2020)

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
The story of how Gritty came to be:

"Despite the incredible success, the Flyers do have one regret: Because they didn’t land on a final design until so close to the season, Tilger said, it didn’t leave the team enough time to produce Gritty merchandise. With lead times of 90 to 120 days, Gritty merch won’t ramp up until a couple months into the season—a bobblehead is coming in 2019 (Heller said the process of designing a bobblehead accurately was like 'building the suit all over again')."

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
"Despite the incredible success, the Flyers do have one regret: Because they didn’t land on a final design until so close to the season, Tilger said, it didn’t leave the team enough time to produce Gritty merchandise. With lead times of 90 to 120 days, Gritty merch won’t ramp up until a couple months into the season—a bobblehead is coming in 2019 (Heller said the process of designing a bobblehead accurately was like 'building the suit all over again')."
they need the revenue to replace what they are losing, due to poor attendance at home games.

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
Gritty the absolute MADMAN

Attachments

• 6167C2D2-26CE-4C13-B067-0728BF00C015.jpeg
    6167C2D2-26CE-4C13-B067-0728BF00C015.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Rebels57

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Oh I talked to the manager of the fan zone or whatever at the stadium. She claims plush gritty should be in either just before or just after Christmas. She then proceeded to curse the marketing department for only giving them two weeks notice.
This also explains why the t shirts all have the owl looking gritty design on them.

Reactions: Krd1749

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Oh I talked to the manager of the fan zone or whatever at the stadium. She claims plush gritty should be in either just before or just after Christmas. She then proceeded to curse the marketing department for only giving them two weeks notice.
This also explains why the t shirts all have the owl looking gritty design on them.

Add another thing to the list of this organization’s massive failures.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Gritty is 2 thousand followers away from being the most followed mascot on twitter. Just an utterly brilliant marketing job by this organization.

Who is the most?... I thought Gritty took over long ago. I have noticed though that he has less followers than he had a while back, IIRC.

I see that the Phillies Phanatic has come back on Twitter yesterday.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Who is the most?... I thought Gritty took over long ago. I have noticed though that he has less followers than he had a while back, IIRC.

I see that the Phillies Phanatic has come back on Twitter yesterday.

brutus the ohio state buckeye mascot who has been on twitter since 2009 to give y0u any idea of how quickly Gritty has risen in popularity. He became the most followed nhl mascot in 48 hours i believe, and the most followed professional sports mascot within a month.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
brutus the ohio state buckeye mascot who has been on twitter since 2009 to give y0u any idea of how quickly Gritty has risen in popularity. He became the most followed nhl mascot in 48 hours i believe, and the most followed professional sports mascot within a month.

Of course... NCAA, haha... thanks.

I just checked; Brutus Buckeye presently at 179K... Gritty stands at 177.5K.

Gaining fast. :thumbu:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Gritty is 2 thousand followers away from being the most followed mascot on twitter. Just an utterly brilliant marketing job by this organization.

Part of my presentation, I showed that Gritty has 175k followers in 2 months. The entire Phillies team has 1.78M followers in 9.5 years. For some perspective, if Gritty's followers grew at the same rate for 9.5 years (which obviously they won't), he'd have almost 10 million followers.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad