It's getting out of HAND! (aka media tries to stop forsberg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
gozar said:
And you don't you think that the players have had a say at all in that? As I've understood it, even if Philly forbids Forsberg to go to the olympics, he can still decide if he wants to respects his employers wishes or not.

EXACTLY!! It is ultimately up to Peter whether he wants to go to Turin or not. No one, and I mean no one, not Clarke, not the NHL, not Gary BUTTman, not even 'Dubya' himself can tell Peter that he can not play for Team Sweden in the Olympics. Folks such as Clarke et al. can say whatever they want to the media, they can threaten to T-P Pete's condo, they can prank call him all night, they can fly him to the friggin' Grand Canyon and dangle him off the edge, but they can not tell him that he can't play. Suggestions are one thing for them to make, but they just don't have the authority to tell him what he can and can not do. According to the new CBA, players have the right to play for their respective countries. And I would venture to guess that if Philly told Pete that he can not play in Turin, the NHLPA would be all over them like a fat kid on a Twinkie.

;)

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Remy said:
EXACTLY!! It is ultimately up to Peter whether he wants to go to Turin or not. No one, and I mean no one, not Clarke, not the NHL, not Gary BUTTman, not even 'Dubya' himself can tell Peter that he can not play for Team Sweden in the Olympics. Folks such as Clarke et al. can say whatever they want to the media, they can threaten to T-P Pete's condo, they can prank call him all night, they can fly him to the friggin' Grand Canyon and dangle him off the edge, but they can not tell him that he can't play. Suggestions are one thing for them to make, but they just don't have the authority to tell him what he can and can not do. According to the new CBA, players have the right to play for their respective countries. And I would venture to guess that if Philly told Pete that he can not play in Turin, the NHLPA would be all over them like a fat kid on a Twinkie.

;)

I agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->