''It's easier to score here than in Europe'' - Luka Doncic

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Dy6jmagU0AAngKi.jpg:large

Luka Doncic: It's easier to score in the NBA than in Europe | Eurohoops

On NBA/Europe:
“Here [in the NBA] its easier to score compared to Europe, of course. In Europe, the court is smaller and here there is the three seconds rule. I think it’s easier to score here.”

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He's not wrong. NBA is wide open and scoring is way up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's not like he's saying the NBA is an easier league to play in. Just that it's easier to score. Which is true. There are some ridiculous scores in regulation games nowadays. Teams seem to hit 120+ points with ease.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
If you only care about scoring and being thrilled by pretty buckets [because you have debilitating ADD], watch the NBA.

If you appreciate the defensive struggle, watch college ball. Not to say there's not more missed shots in college, of course there is, but there's also a lot more successful shut down play on defense which can be just as satisfying to watch.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
If you only care about scoring and being thrilled by pretty buckets [because you have debilitating ADD], watch the NBA.

If you appreciate the defensive struggle, watch college ball. Not to say there's not more missed shots in college, of course there is, but there's also a lot more successful shut down play on defense which can be just as satisfying to watch.
The college game actually looks like basketball is being played. The NBA looks like a different sport.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

There's also a lot more zones and defenses that won't work with nba athletes.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Uh, why exactly wouldn't a zone work against better athletes? Isn't that why you use a zone in the first place?
The way college plays it, it wouldn't work. Those sets would get penetrated and destroyed in the pros.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think college defenses are better. It's simply because the athletes aren't as good, there is less time on the game clock and more on the shot clock, and illegal defense is still allowed.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The way college plays it, it wouldn't work. Those sets would get penetrated and destroyed in the pros.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think college defenses are better. It's simply because the athletes aren't as good, there is less time on the game clock and more on the shot clock, and illegal defense is still allowed.
Sorry man, this just shows a lack of understanding of the game. The benefit of zone is that it stops penetration and allows you to collapse down on someone near the basket. This doesnt magically change once you get to the NBA level. The reason it isn't utilized is because the NBA doesn't want defense being played, so they conjured up the defensive 3 second rule.

And saying that illegal defense is allowed elsewhere is a very backwards perspective. First of all, as far as I know the 400 or so players on NBA rosters are the only people in the world who play under such a rule. In the sport of basketball, there is no such thing as limitations to where a defender can station himself on the court. In fact, almost no sports in general have a rule like this.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sorry man, this just shows a lack of understanding of the game. The benefit of zone is that it stops penetration and allows you to collapse down on someone near the basket. This doesnt magically change once you get to the NBA level. The reason it isn't utilized is because the NBA doesn't want defense being played, so they conjured up the defensive 3 second rule.

And saying that illegal defense is allowed elsewhere is a very backwards perspective. First of all, as far as I know the 400 or so players on NBA rosters are the only people in the world who play under such a rule. In the sport of basketball, there is no such thing as limitations to where a defender can station himself on the court. In fact, almost no sports in general have a rule like this.
Yeah, I'm the one who doesn't understand the game...

You pretty much prove my point by saying they play a different game. If college style defense worked against pros it would be used in the pros. Pretty simple logic. It's the difference in athletic ability and the clock that makes the real difference.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Yeah, I'm the one who doesn't understand the game...

You pretty much prove my point by saying they play a different game. If college style defense worked against pros it would be used in the pros. Pretty simple logic. It's the difference in athletic ability and the clock that makes the real difference.
I'm saying it doesn't work in the NBA because the rules are different and designed to discourage teams from playing zone...

Reactions: New Jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad