It's back from the dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
GuloGulo said:
Oh no, the 3rd generation Jofa helmet.. think Loob, Irbe, etc... that's the worst!

What did Petr Klima wear?

That one was the worst, hands down.

Although Butch Goring had a beauty too...

acr*

Draft Guru said:
Not all Jofa's were banned, I believe just the particular model that Gretzky, Kurri, etc wore.

Didn't they make helmets optional a few years back? :dunno:

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
arrbez said:
What did Petr Klima wear?

That one was the worst, hands down.

Although Butch Goring had a beauty too...

haha man oh man how could i forget bout petr
why did the oilers have to have the ugliest helmets

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
I think Jagr used one of those Jofa 235 helmets last season in Russia too, they're true classics! Looks kinda weird with a visor though.

And they sell for quite a lot on Ebay, I've seen them going for up to $100 and maybe even more. I have a green one myself but I'm not selling it... :snide:

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
typical backwards IOC

they require visors for all players under 25 but allow a helmet which is basically tin-foil hat in terms of protection.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Petey21 said:
I think Jagr used one of those Jofa 235 helmets last season in Russia too, they're true classics! Looks kinda weird with a visor though.

And they sell for quite a lot on Ebay, I've seen them going for up to $100 and maybe even more. I have a green one myself but I'm not selling it... :snide:

I've got a bunch of them, too.
Even the older model, pre-Gretzky-model. :D

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
A lot of people covet the old Jofa combos because the cage had the best visability.

People keep coming into the store asking if we sell the "egg-shell" helmet combo despite the fact that it's been out of production for almost a decade. We tell them to try eBay.

lemieux32*

Messier's was a Cooper SK2000 with a Win-Well sticker on it. Maybe they custom padded it (we always wanted those leather starps his had that held the chinstrap instead of the usual rubber/plastic ones). Kurri wore the old Jofa with a visor for part of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->