It's back from the dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemieux32*

I saw that! I didn't think any of those existed anymore. When I was a kid we used to want those helmets but they weren't certified for play. Don't forget Kevin Lowe!

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
I've seen lots of pictures of him wearing that helmet in practices and stuff. Why doesn't he wear it in the NHL? Is there a rule against it or something? After all, it IS a flimsy little thing.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
revolverjgw said:
I've seen lots of pictures of him wearing that helmet in practices and stuff. Why doesn't he wear it in the NHL? Is there a rule against it or something? After all, it IS a flimsy little thing.

I believe the Jofa's aren't recognized as having enough protection and are banned.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Selanne still wears JOFA.

56433166.jpg

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Garbs said:
Why would anyone ever choose to look like that?

Aerodynamics. :teach:

The sleek design allows the player to reach incredible speeds, while the mullet that usually accompanies the JOFA is used as a stabilizer, much like the spoiler on a racing car.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
Draft Guru said:
Not all Jofa's were banned, I believe just the particular model that Gretzky, Kurri, etc wore.

yup i did a topic of research on this for one of my classes in university (dont ask)
it didnt meet like any of the safety regulations of the NHL, but they weren't gonna ban it until gretzky retired, its very similar to that god awful helmet messier wore

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
coppernblue said:
yup i did a topic of research on this for one of my classes in university (dont ask)
it didnt meet like any of the safety regulations of the NHL, but they weren't gonna ban it until gretzky retired, its very similar to that god awful helmet messier wore
Oh c'mon, it's no more flimsy than those Reebok helmets. Have you tried on those things?? =p

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
CoolJay28 said:
Oh c'mon, it's no more flimsy than those Reebok helmets. Have you tried on those things?? =p

all those helmets are garbage
just stick with a bauer, or ccm

lemieux32*

coppernblue said:

Messier's helmet was great, the old Cooper 2000. A lot of goalies used to wear them because they were very protective.

gallery1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad