GDT: It's a GDT. Game 82: Knights @ Flames | 7:00PM

How do you say Calgary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Kings are playing like they don't care to win. They clearly rather play the Knights than the Ducks. Come on Knights use that as motivation to come out and make them pay.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
The Haula, Neal, Tatar line was a combined -13....Yikes! They need Perron back. The Other 3 lines weren't effective, but didn't actually hurt the team. Hunt and Miller looked weak against the Flames forecheck, They really missed Schmidt, I'd actually consider getting Garrison back too. Fleury had some major brain farts - as he tends to have periodically.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Haula, Neal, Tatar line was a combined -13....Yikes! They need Perron back. The Other 3 lines weren't effective, but didn't actually hurt the team. Hunt and Miller looked weak against the Flames forecheck, They really missed Schmidt, I'd actually consider getting Garrison back too. Fleury had some major brain farts - as he tends to have periodically.

I'm sure Garrison would be the first guy they called up if they had any injury issues, but I don't think they would play him before Merrill or Hunt, or Sbisa for that matter. We'll see who travels with the team though should the Wolves get eliminated. I found it interesting they didn't call anyone else up for the games this week other than Pirri. I really would have liked to see Hyka and Dansk again at the NHL level and it would have given even more rest options. I guess Fleury kind of needed a game tonight and thankfully it was a meaningless one to have his worst game by far all season and Smith being back to get into game shape was helpful too.

At least it appears the roster is near full health and can start practicing with fairly set lines now.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
I'm sure Garrison would be the first guy they called up if they had any injury issues, but I don't think they would play him before Merrill or Hunt, or Sbisa for that matter. We'll see who travels with the team though should the Wolves get eliminated. I found it interesting they didn't call anyone else up for the games this week other than Pirri. I really would have liked to see Hyka and Dansk again at the NHL level and it would have given even more rest options. I guess Fleury kind of needed a game tonight and thankfully it was a meaningless one to have his worst game by far all season and Smith being back to get into game shape was helpful too.

At least it appears the roster is near full health and can start practicing with fairly set lines now.
I agree for the most part, except i'm not sold on Hunt and LA is a pretty tough and dirty team. As for resting players, I hope they didn't rest so much that they lost momentum.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I agree for the most part, except i'm not sold on Hunt and LA is a pretty tough and dirty team. As for resting players, I hope they didn't rest so much that they lost momentum.

Fair point on Hunt. I think they need him on the power play though, maybe less so when Nate and Shea are playing. The one thing the Kings don't give up is power play goals so that will be something to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad