Itech shield question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
I bought the Itech full shield concept two for my helmet and I love it... until I get on the ice and it does nothing, but fog up on me. I have bought the spray and that doesn't do anything. I've played the last couple games not being able to see jack and am ready to go back to the cage. Can anyone suggest anything for the shield that might work or am I just wasting time and money on it? Thanks

IkeaMonkey*

Did you buy the Itech spray??? If so, do you know how to apply it correctly??

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
No no no no. Itech is where you went all wrong my friend. When it comes to face visors, you need to buy the Oakley ones. The are a zillion times better, even for the money. When I worked at the sporting goods store, my manager said not to sell the Itech ones, to try my damndest to sell the Oakley, just because of the quality.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
I have used the Pro guard anti fogger spray. Is there a difference between that and the itech? Also what is the proper way to apply the spray. I put it on very liberally? Where can I find Oakley shields? I actually don't remember ever seeing them. Thanks guys for your input.

IkeaMonkey*

Dan Galvin said:
Just a dab or quite a bit of dishwashing liquid?

Just a dab. However, I have heard stories where the vision is distorted after using the dishwashing liquid.

I personally have a Tinted Itech Pro Wave visor, the way it is cut, I do not need the anti-fog, since it never fogs up.I assume however, you should use the Itech spray since the Itech visors have a different inner vision coating than other visors.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I've got an Oakley half, but I've used Itech in the past so I'll weigh in.

I've been using a product called Fog Buster by a company called Hilco. I try and coat my visor every time I skate, but I always forget, so a coat stays on for multiple uses.

Anyway, it depends on alot of things such as the shape of the visor, your resparation rate, as well as the temperature of the enviroment you are in. My visor usually stays clean unless it's very warm on the ice. On those days I tilt my helmet back on my head when I'm on the bench, which reduces the effect of the vapor on my shield.

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
take a TINY sized drill bit and drill a few holes around the nose area so you vent a little better. its kinda ghetto but it should work. i havent used a full shield in years but ive done that before and it did work

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
jaywills1020 said:
take a TINY sized drill bit and drill a few holes around the nose area so you vent a little better. its kinda ghetto but it should work. i havent used a full shield in years but ive done that before and it did work
Thanks, I actually kind of thought about something like that. I wonder how big I should make the holes. I'm off to play tonight, but for tonight I'm going with the cage.

BCCHL inactive

DO NOT DRILL HOLES! Your visor will be illegal.

Get the Itech HX-50 visor (same visor worn in the CHL..it does have a combo to make a full shield too). It doesn't fog up, and all you need to do to clean it, is use water and a non-abrasive towel.

IkeaMonkey*

Van said:
DO NOT DRILL HOLES! Your visor will be illegal.

Get the Itech HX-50 visor (same visor worn in the CHL..it does have a combo to make a full shield too). It doesn't fog up, and all you need to do to clean it, is use water and a non-abrasive towel.

OHHHH the good ole money sucker from Itech! The one with the ultrasensitive coating so it scratches up easily, forcing you to buy the replacement packs every month! Gotta love those!

BCCHL inactive

HokEGoalie said:
OHHHH the good ole money sucker from Itech! The one with the ultrasensitive coating so it scratches up easily, forcing you to buy the replacement packs every month! Gotta love those!

Light scratches can be removed if you have long fingernails or carry something of that nature in your hockey bag. It's the gouges that hurt, but those don't happen often.

I go through roughly 3 replacements every season. At $20 for each replacement, that's not so bad since I would probably spend $60-70 on a new visor every season anyway.

IkeaMonkey*

Van said:
Light scratches can be removed if you have long fingernails or carry something of that nature in your hockey bag. It's the gouges that hurt, but those don't happen often.

I go through roughly 3 replacements every season. At $20 for each replacement, that's not so bad since I would probably spend $60-70 on a new visor every season anyway.

Every experience Ive had with it and my teammates is that they scratch like whoa. Had we not gotten them at a reduced price, I would be angry. I guess it was worth the 4 games I got out of it for the money I paid before I went back to my Pro Wave cut visor. The FX-50 is traditionally the money gauger as I have read from many places. I couldnt agree more.

BCCHL inactive

HokEGoalie said:
Every experience Ive had with it and my teammates is that they scratch like whoa. Had we not gotten them at a reduced price, I would be angry. I guess it was worth the 4 games I got out of it for the money I paid before I went back to my Pro Wave cut visor. The FX-50 is traditionally the money gauger as I have read from many places. I couldnt agree more.

You're also a player. I'm an official. ;) The only times I get scratches are when breaking up fights, and when some dumbass centreman thinks he's a golfer on a faceoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad