Italy 2026 Olympic Winter Games

Will the NHL go to the 2026 Olympic Winter Games in Italy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
lol, OK. You just repeated the same things you already said, then said I was wrong on everything else without providing any reasons. Clearly you feel strongly about it. But that doesn't make you right and I somehow doubt you speak for all Europeans.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I've said it many times and people always say it can't be done. If you want NHL in the Olympics then have hockey be a SUMMER Olympic sport. NBA is a winter sport on same schedule as NHL and plays in summer games, why not hockey?

As a half solution maybe the NHL should release players for the last 8-9 days of the Olympics. The first round is almost meaningless anyways, have the first week be lesser teams playing for two spots and the top six nations get a bye to the second week when the NHLers show up. Then the NHL just shuts down for a week which isn't that bad.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
lol, OK. You just repeated the same things you already said, then said I was wrong on everything else without providing any reasons. Clearly you feel strongly about it. But that doesn't make you right and I somehow doubt you speak for all Europeans.

You keep asserting that it is possible and I keep refuting what you say. From the MLS to Euro hockey finances to Montréal-Boston rivalry to MLS finances, everything has been refuted with what I provided.

I don't feel strongly about it, I don't care what is done because it will fail. I said it is not possible before the KHL tried it. KHL failed. Not a big surprise. I said no teams would join because it cannot make money. After more than a dozen teams interested and then turned around and stayed in their domestic leagues, I was proven right. Because it's not possible. It hasn't happened in any other sport, it will not happen in hockey.

You've admitted that you've never been to Europe and you're not familiar the sports work. That should be enough for you to stop making these assertions. There's been plenty of people more familiar with hockey business than you who have looked into it and chosen to stay in their domestic league. I can provide plenty of examples, statistics, and data supporting my refutations. I can't find anything supporting your assertions.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
You keep asserting that it is possible and I keep refuting what you say. From the MLS to Euro hockey finances to Montréal-Boston rivalry to MLS finances, everything has been refuted with what I provided.

I don't feel strongly about it, I don't care what is done because it will fail. I said it is not possible before the KHL tried it. KHL failed. Not a big surprise. I said no teams would join because it cannot make money. After more than a dozen teams interested and then turned around and stayed in their domestic leagues, I was proven right. Because it's not possible. It hasn't happened in any other sport, it will not happen in hockey.

You've admitted that you've never been to Europe and you're not familiar the sports work. That should be enough for you to stop making these assertions. There's been plenty of people more familiar with hockey business than you who have looked into it and chosen to stay in their domestic league. I can provide plenty of examples, statistics, and data supporting my refutations. I can't find anything supporting your assertions.

haha OK bud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad