WWE: It took 3 hours to pop Randy Orton's shoulder back into its socket (Out 4-6 months)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Orton, who has a history of shoulder problems dating back to early in his career, had been working of late on a bad shoulder, but not so bad that he couldn't wrestle. But in taking out the garbage to the curb this past week, the shoulder dislocated and he was in tremendous pain. It took three hours to pop it back into place. He was to have an MRI done to find out the extent of the damage, and if he may need surgery, so his prognosis is not determined.

Source: Meltzer, from the WON

I was reading through the Raw thread and people were saying he was probably just taking more time off, but holy ****, for a guy with the shoulder problems that Orton has always had, having your shoulder dislocated for three hours on something as simple as taking out the trash... Jesus.

For those who don't know/remember, he has hypermobile shoulders and has separated them at least 6 times over the course of his WWE career and been forced out of action for significant periods.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Obviously hope that it doesn't remain an issue after retiring, but man this weakens an already weak roster as well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Obviously hope that it doesn't remain an issue after retiring, but man this weakens an already weak roster as well.

He'll probably always have the issue. I mean... the hypermobility is so bad in his shoulders that he dislocated it by literally taking out the trash, and everyday life thing.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Injuries like this are killer. I had read somewhere that he was one major shoulder injury away from considering retirement. If he needs surgery for this? I'd call it a career. The love of wrestling will sting you the most when you call it quits, but what you are capable of doing fourty years down the line is more important.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Didn't he have a bad separation in a match with either Cena or HHH as well? I think he was tossed out of the ring onto his back or something like that and his shoulder popped out.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Typical bad booking, having a garbage bag going over on your main event talent.

Or is this HHH's giving the Garbage bag a chance.

I doubt the garbage bag goes over at Wrestlemania though so this is a wasted feud

S A W F T*

Never really a huge Orton fan, but I do respect his work ethic and dedication to the business.

Also, a big diamond cutter mark... so.....

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Not really. Orton has never really been entertaining. Crisp worker but not very entertaining.

It's all dependent upon his utilization & that he has mostly been booked to his weaknesses. If he has to retire early, it'll hurt a roster that is already being wasted.

I'm gonna be upset if I never get to see a modern-day Orton/Lesnar match.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
WWE needs to do the old fashioned rebuild. Release all their top guys and focus on the future.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Didn't he have a bad separation in a match with either Cena or HHH as well? I think he was tossed out of the ring onto his back or something like that and his shoulder popped out.

That one was a broken collarbone. He also re-injured it a few months later riding his motorcycle which delayed his return.

He can fire up the mark part of the crowd and has a good finisher but he's never been a likeable guy nor a great heat seeker.

He can fire up any crowd.

Source: experience. Montreal.

Same with getting heat when he was working as a heel. He works the crowd like very few can during matches. He knows how to fire up a crowd or how to get them to boo him, whether it's a smark crowd or mark crowd. He's a master at that.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Randy Orton is still good at what he does, I always look forward to his WM matches, he goes next level around WM season and usually has one of the top/must see matches of the night..(USUALLY) He always one ups his RKO's at WM its fun to watch.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Orton just looks goofy when he is trying to make psycho faces. His whole shtick is forced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->