It seems to me that Allen has returned to form in being a legitimate top 4 d-man

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
He is on the ice with Beauch at the end of the games to protect lead. He and Beauch are our key d-men in PK. He is actually even making good outlet passes this year instead of just chipping puck out of zone. He has done a wonderful job in covering for Vantanen's indiscretions. I think he is a very solid top 4 d-man, like he has been for most of career.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
He is on the ice with Beauch at the end of the games to protect lead. He and Beauch are our key d-men in PK. He is actually even making good outlet passes this year instead of just chipping puck out of zone. He has done a wonderful job in covering for Vantanen's indiscretions. I think he is a very solid top 4 d-man, like he has been for most of career.

He was been good yes.. But hold your horses for now lol..

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He was good at the end of last season and he's been good all year. He's been solid his entire career. I'm going to write off last year as an aberration induced by the lockout and say he's exactly who the Ducks thought they were signing as an UFA as opposed to some guy who forgot how to play over 8 months.

He's an excellent mentor for Vatanen.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's been awesome this year. He's one of the main reasons we're off to a good start. If he played like last year we'd be in big trouble. He's been a steady veteran for us. I think he's similar to Matt Greene of the Kings...Allen might even be a little bit better than Greene. Rock solid. The beginning of last year was nothing more than lockout rust.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I think it would be fair to say.

Always felt he was harshly treated around here based on a shaky first half season, he's been great since his first 20-25 games of last season.

Great partner for Vatanen as well.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
I'm gladly eating crow right now. I wanted him bought out all summer long, and boy, was I wrong. I knew he had the abilities to play much better, but his decision making was atrocious last year. He held on to the puck way too long, made the stupidest passes, and always got caught flat-footed. Complete turn-around from last year.

As a matter of fact, he might be the partner that we've been wanting for Fowler. In the current unhealthy state of our defense, we're not likely to see them united. But I'd imagine once Sbisa and Souray are back that might change.

Souray-Beauchemin

Allen-Fowler

Lindholm/Sbisa-Lovejoy

Fistric

Jul 22, 2012
You could tell at the end of last season that he was starting to pick it up. He's really been great, and I'll second the notion that he's been our defenseman. Him or Fowler.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm gladly eating crow right now. I wanted him bought out all summer long, and boy, was I wrong. I knew he had the abilities to play much better, but his decision making was atrocious last year. He held on to the puck way too long, made the stupidest passes, and always got caught flat-footed. Complete turn-around from last year.

As a matter of fact, he might be the partner that we've been wanting for Fowler. In the current unhealthy state of our defense, we're not likely to see them united. But I'd imagine once Sbisa and Souray are back that might change.

Souray-Beauchemin

Allen-Fowler

Lindholm/Sbisa-Lovejoy

Fistric
I`d love to have a look at that defense. Could turn out pretty good!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->