It Could Be Much Worse...

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Dave Hamilton
10/19/2013
Two nights ago was a shame. Just one of those games really, where you literally see it slipping through your fingers.

You manage to avoid any of the officials' questionable calls, the lucky “on a platter” bounce to Staal, or the freak/ confusing "icing" goal on Bernier and it could have easily been another tick in the win column. The poor fortunes of the other nights, mixed with the slowly concerning number of missing line-up regulars, and Leafs fans with a weaker resolve tend to quickly forget how positive the slightly bigger picture really is. Regardless of minor injury and shot count concerns, it remains a reality that Toronto is showing signs of continued maturation, increased confidence, and an effective collecting of pieces who’s contributions have translated into wins. I wouldn’t go so far as to label a team “resilient” this early on, but it shouldn’t go without mentioning that Toronto is experiencing more consistent depth contribution than it has quite a few years. Players like Bolland, Raymond, Leivo, Broll, Smith, and even Bernier filling roles/holes more than adequately when called upon. Up next are the always bar-setting Blackhawks, so the Leafs will do well to quickly forget about last night’s hiccup and focus on the formidable task at hand.

http://wewantacup.com/headlines/1876-it-could-be-much-worse

buds%20vs%20flyers%20bernier.jpg

davehamilton100

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Philly

A week off for Philly could either be exactly what the doctor ordered or the perfect scenario for Holmgren to make another ballsy splash in the trade pool.

davehamilton100

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
You mean, our record could be worse then 6-2-0?

Things in general could be much worse, yes. Thursday night was disappointing, and many Leafs fans tend to draw more conclusions from losses (even flukey ones) than wins, but with a little perspective, our situation seems quite positive. Especially when compared to some (even most) others'.

wulfio*

i always get a kick out of seeing leaf fans on here jump off a cliff after a loss.

it's like they are just waiting for a loss just so they can spew a bunch of crap and point fingers.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
i always get a kick out of seeing leaf fans on here jump off a cliff after a loss.

it's like they are just waiting for a loss just so they can spew a bunch of crap and point fingers.

I think you mean "get a kick out of seeing "LeafLand" jump off a cliff after a loss.

Leafs Fans are a lot better adjusted then those screaming mimi's although I do understand they mean well...lawls

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

That's why I avoid this forum for about 24 hours after a loss. Seeing the chicken littles running around just annoys the **** out of me. I think the thing that chaps my ass the most is these people are just looking (hoping) to be able to say "I told you so" later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad