NESN It appears NESN will show the first round in 4K HDR on Xfinity and DirecTV

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN has struck carriage deals with Xfinity and DirecTV at a slightly lower rate than the previous contract. In return, both providers will set up a NESN 4K channel at the beginning of the Red Sox season and I'm told any Bruins home game after April 7th.

Bruins/Red Sox home games have been produced in 4K for several years but there was no way to deliver the product to consumers.

Having a 4K TV is useless UNLESS your set-top box is 4K compatible.

If you live in Central Massachusetts or Maine and have Spectrum

the-god-father-marlon-brando.gif

I do not know how Astound/RCN, Verizon Fios or Cox will deal with this but Spectrum has no plans to embrace 4K nationwide.

Sturm und Drang

Aug 9, 2008
NESN has struck carriage deals with Xfinity and DirecTV at a slightly lower rate than the previous contract. In return, both providers will set up a NESN 4K channel at the beginning of the Red Sox season and I'm told any Bruins home game after April 7th.

Bruins/Red Sox home games have been produced in 4K for several years but there was no way to deliver the product to consumers.

Having a 4K TV is useless UNLESS your set-top box is 4K compatible.

If you live in Central Massachusetts or Maine and have Spectrum

the-god-father-marlon-brando.gif

I do not know how Astound/RCN, Verizon Fios or Cox will deal with this but Spectrum has no plans to embrace 4K nationwide.

I’ve never watched a game in 4K. Is it revolutionary, like going from SD to HD? Or just kind of nice? At what point does the human eye stop discerning the difference in more tiny dots?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I’ve never watched a game in 4K. Is it revolutionary, like going from SD to HD? Or just kind of nice? At what point does the human eye stop discerning the difference in more tiny dots?

It's not so much the increased detail, though that is noticeable. It's the dynamic range. The brights are brighter, the darks are darker, and the contrast is sharper.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I assume others have asked but bumping this up. Fenway, seems xfinity still hasn’t picked 4K up? No the deal why not

jmon1313

Feb 7, 2020
meanwhile xfinity is getting eviscerated on their forums for this 😂

The app is not available on many tv services yet, like my lg, PlayStation or Xbox doesn’t have the app yet
You can run it off of the browser on the xbox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad