It ain't over til it's over

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
fat_lady_sings.jpg

speaking of fat people singing... did anyone else notice that Mark Donnely seemed to put back on a few pounds? Looked like it to me anyways.

Somebody mistook him for Tony Gallagher, and he came to his senses...

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
When Kesler gets bumped, the entire world knows it.

A recent example, is him acting like he couldn't breathe and clutching desperately at his throat after that high stick knocked his helmet off, like he was Clint Malarchuck or something.

He's always wincing or grimacing or limping or stretching or checking his face for damage.

Such a warrior! What heart! Beastmode!!!

Please.

lol, ya cuz you know what it felt like to get hit with the highstick.

please.

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
When Kesler gets bumped, the entire world knows it.

A recent example, is him acting like he couldn't breathe and clutching desperately at his throat after that high stick knocked his helmet off, like he was Clint Malarchuck or something.

He's always wincing or grimacing or limping or stretching or checking his face for damage.

Such a warrior! What heart! Beastmode!!!

Please.

No kidding. That was just embarrassing, especially with Bieksa's comments about the Sharks. Kesler is right there with Couture and Thornton - I guess Bieksa gives him a pass because he's not Canadian...

Bash the Sedins all you want - they take tons more abuse than Kesler does and they don't embellish much or whine about it. Sure, there may have been a couple of times in the past few years, but you could say that about anyone in the league.

When I play and I get a high stick to the face, my first instinct is to get back and help my team, not drop to my knees and writhe around the ice clutching my face. Yeah, it hurts a bit but I've had far worse.

Kesler is either a diver or a pansy. Since he's played through several rather serious injuries, I know the answer.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Daniel must not have fully recovered from the Keith headshot

I suspect this has something to do with it. He's been a step behind Henrik for most of the year. There's no telling how much or how long a concussion will affect a player's performance. Bergeron missed a ton of time and still played for over a year before he started to look like his old self again.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I suspect this has something to do with it. He's been a step behind Henrik for most of the year. There's no telling how much or how long a concussion will affect a player's performance. Bergeron missed a ton of time and still played for over a year before he started to look like his old self again.

Daniel is also old and didn't play during the lockout.

Naslund 2.0?

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Everyone knows it's not officially over until the fat lady sings. Unfortunately for the Canucks, the fat lady already sung, it's just that no one on this team bothered to show up and actually hear her.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
No....it is over. At best, they'll win a couple of games at this point. Anyone who's watched this team this year without homer glasses will tell you that they're toast at this point. That being said, as fans we'll still all be cheering hard and holding that one small glimmer of hope for an epic comeback.

solitary

Mar 30, 2009
No kidding. That was just embarrassing, especially with Bieksa's comments about the Sharks. Kesler is right there with Couture and Thornton - I guess Bieksa gives him a pass because he's not Canadian...

Bash the Sedins all you want - they take tons more abuse than Kesler does and they don't embellish much or whine about it. Sure, there may have been a couple of times in the past few years, but you could say that about anyone in the league.

When I play and I get a high stick to the face, my first instinct is to get back and help my team, not drop to my knees and writhe around the ice clutching my face. Yeah, it hurts a bit but I've had far worse.

Kesler is either a diver or a pansy. Since he's played through several rather serious injuries, I know the answer.

Indeed, this team looks to the refs far too much. Hopefully the upcoming coaching change will fix that.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Welp. Guess I was drunkenly wrong.
Not a penalty in an OT elimination game.
Enjoy your summer folks.

K

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Unfortunate way to lose. Never like seeing any series decided on a powerplay. But at least the played with some purpose tonight. Deserved the win, but not to be in 2013. Look forward to training camp this fall!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->