It ain't over til it's over

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
I admit the fact I haven't been a Canucks fan for a long time, mainly follow my brother. But he landed on a good team and a talented team 2.5 years ago. Their 2011 cup run was a great thing to witness. Against the sharks this series however, the team has played the most undisciplined hockey I've ever seen. Offensive zone penalties, retaliatory ones etc. it's just an ugly way to play and you aren't going to win that way. Especially in playoffs.
That being said, this series easily could be 2-1 sharks with the lead lr 2-1 Canucks with the lead. Last game was a nightmare. You move on and adjust. All in all they haven't played all that bad. I'm not saying they're going to win the cup but I'd start Luongo next game and win one game at a time. Chicago came within one shot of winning 4 straight vs us in 2011. See no reason why a team with this much talent couldn't do the same.

I have been drinking all day so maybe this is just all BS but hey the sharks haven't won the series yet. I still have a little faith. Win a shift. Win a period. Win a game. Win one game. Then two. Then get momentum. And see what happens.

K

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
If anyone can choke away a 3 game lead, it's...........well it's the Canucks.

But after that, it's the Sharks.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Thanks for the encouragement. While I don't want to get my hopes up, if we can win the next game "soundly", by that I mean the team as a whole manages to pull itself together and look completely different than it has until now, then it might be enough to have me start hoping again.

yoss

May 25, 2011
I admit the fact I haven't been a Canucks fan for a long time, mainly follow my brother. But he landed on a good team and a talented team 2.5 years ago. Their 2011 cup run was a great thing to witness. Against the sharks this series however, the team has played the most undisciplined hockey I've ever seen. Offensive zone penalties, retaliatory ones etc. it's just an ugly way to play and you aren't going to win that way. Especially in playoffs.
That being said, this series easily could be 2-1 sharks with the lead lr 2-1 Canucks with the lead. Last game was a nightmare. You move on and adjust. All in all they haven't played all that bad. I'm not saying they're going to win the cup but I'd start Luongo next game and win one game at a time. Chicago came within one shot of winning 4 straight vs us in 2011. See no reason why a team with this much talent couldn't do the same.

I have been drinking all day so maybe this is just all BS but hey the sharks haven't won the series yet. I still have a little faith. Win a shift. Win a period. Win a game. Win one game. Then two. Then get momentum. And see what happens.

K

I agree with this. Just win the next game. Going by the numbers it isn't likely, then again I believe this team is good enough to do it.

Win tomorrow and live to see another day. If that happens then take it from there. It's a 4 game winning streak basically, which happens all the time. (Well, regular season at least) And San Jose is not that insurmountable imo. Win one, gain a little confidence and who knows.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This team is too deflated for a comeback, IMHO. They came into these playoffs "feeling good" which is a joke itself, but they expected to be doing a lot better and I think they're fully aware the window is closing, if not already closed. Love this team through and through, but I'd be surprised if we won a game, hell, scored two or three goals next game, let alone three to force game 7.

FlowMaster

Jan 28, 2009
BC
Putting Chris with Roy again could spark some offense. They are a great fit together.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
I'm not saying they're going to win 4 straight but one or two and go out with their heads held high will be encouraging and hopeful for next year. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I'm not saying they're going to win 4 straight but one or two and go out with their heads held high will be encouraging and hopeful for next year. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Tell Chris to blackmail AV into putting him with Roy again. ;)

They had excellent chemistry.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
Only the blindest homers think we have a legitimate chance to come all the way back.

Win a few games? Maybe. But they're not taking all four with the way Couture is playing.

how about niemi? i know quality saves isn't a measurable statistic but based on my own biased eyes canuck goaltenders have had to make twice as many difficult saves as niemi this series...he has the capacity to play even better and i don't see him losing 4 straight games

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I agree with this. Just win the next game. Going by the numbers it isn't likely, then again I believe this team is good enough to do it.

Win tomorrow and live to see another day. If that happens then take it from there. It's a 4 game winning streak basically, which happens all the time. (Well, regular season at least) And San Jose is not that insurmountable imo. Win one, gain a little confidence and who knows.

Ditto. And that bolded phrase makes me wish Flames1084 was the coach.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Only the blindest homers think we have a legitimate chance to come all the way back.

Win a few games? Maybe. But they're not taking all four with the way Couture is playing.

I don't know what a legitimate chance means in this case, but If they win the next game in SJ, then they have a chance to win the next home game, after that its just one more game to force a game 7.

Impossible no, highly unlikely yes

Question is do they completely change there game plan since the games have been so close, or do they change as a last ditch effort?

I disagree with Flames about starting Luongo, IMO if Schneider is healthy you go with him on the off chance that he gets hot, he can put 3 or 4 amazing games together if he dose.

I am inclined to think the Canucks will get away with murder next game, since it is in the leagues best interest to have the series go longer and not have us swept in 4, a little conspiracy theory-ish yea, but Ill take it at this stage

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I said this before in the pre-GDT....I think the team has a GREATER chance at coming back being down 0-3 in a series than down 0-2 in any individual game.

Problem is, that chance is like this:

xfiles-poster.jpg

cool post but being a Canuck fan for nearly 30 yrs.....

They're cursed.
We're so cursed...the series will be prolonged to lengthen Canuckfans agony....

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
I think we all have the small glimmer of hope that if they stay discplined they can win game by game but the team has literally shown us nothing to suggest anything. So I'm just going into the game with 0 expectations and have a laugh if they lose terribly again.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
K guys this song has a lot related to the Canucks for tomorrow night,

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OuIw2waUkAY

The men of South Park:
Tomorrow night
Our lives will change
Tomorrow night
We'll be entertained
An execution
What a sight