ISS top 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

Jim O'Brien is at 16 though so we can grab him. He will be one of the best players to come out of this draft. I am really high on him.

Sens4Cup

Mar 25, 2005
What's with Angelo Esposito?

Wasn't he supposed to be number one overall just a few months ago?

Maybe the Sens could trade up and pick him, assuming the Sens end up around 18-22 and Esposito goes from 8-14.

He seems like a very pure offensive talent, and may require a little work but could be a total stud IMO.

With Alfie on his way out in 3-5 years the Sens could really use a top offensive prospect in the pipeline. Though Ilya Zubov seems like he could be pretty good too. Hopefully the Kai experience doesn't sour Russians on the Sens, as the Sens have developed a good number of Russians(Yashin, Volchenkov, Schastlivy) and have a tonne of talent in Russian prospects(Lyamin, Zubov, Nikulin, Anikeyenko, Megalinsky) but not much in the way of top-six forward talent elsewhere other than maybe Hennessy.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
What's with Angelo Esposito?

Wasn't he supposed to be number one overall just a few months ago?

Maybe the Sens could trade up and pick him, assuming the Sens end up around 18-22 and Esposito goes from 8-14.

He seems like a very pure offensive talent, and may require a little work but could be a total stud IMO.

With Alfie on his way out in 3-5 years the Sens could really use a top offensive prospect in the pipeline. Though Ilya Zubov seems like he could be pretty good too. Hopefully the Kai experience doesn't sour Russians on the Sens, as the Sens have developed a good number of Russians(Yashin, Volchenkov, Schastlivy) and have a tonne of talent in Russian prospects(Lyamin, Zubov, Nikulin, Anikeyenko, Megalinsky) but not much in the way of top-six forward talent elsewhere other than maybe Hennessy.

Yee of little faith.

Sens4Cup

Mar 25, 2005
Yee of little faith.

Well points wise the Sens are 10th in the league currently which would have them drafting 21st theoretically(though I realize there's the whole lottery and all that). Now the teams ahead in the east that actually matter are Montreal and Buffalo. I think it's certainly possible that Ottawa gets up to 4th ahead of Montreal, but doubtful that the Sens can catch Buffalo. So at 4th in the conference, given the strength in the west that could still mean the Sens draft 21st or 22nd.

Personally I think the Sens seem to do better drafting from 21-26 then they do at 29 or 30. Volchenkov, Gleason, Havlat, and Meszaros all came from 21-26, while the Sens draft pretty terribly around 14-18, with guys like Chouinard, and Klepis.

Personally I think it's a challenge for a team to constantly draft good players when you're 29th or 30th and the Sens might want to take a shot at trading up from say 21st or 22nd to get into the top 10-12 and get a solid guy like Esposito.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How on earth is couture ranked ahead of kane. We should really try and trade up to grab this guy. He is unbelievable.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jim O'Brien is at 16 though so we can grab him. He will be one of the best players to come out of this draft. I am really high on him.

Good call. If you notice, when the Gophers lost several key players to the U.S. WJC team he really stepped up his production. I think he'll explode next year.

The Fuhr*

Good call. If you notice, when the Gophers lost several key players to the U.S. WJC team he really stepped up his production. I think he'll explode next year.

He has serious talent and a temper that he is better controlling. He plays real intense like a tucker but is 6'3 190lbs. He could round out as a 6'4 215lb power forward in 4-5 years. The kid has loads of potential and if he stays in school for four years will be finished at 21 so he gets a full education before joining the team. I think he would be the perfect second line two-way center to help build around.

Buckleys

Jul 21, 2006
He has serious talent and a temper that he is better controlling. He plays real intense like a tucker but is 6'3 190lbs. He could round out as a 6'4 215lb power forward in 4-5 years. The kid has loads of potential and if he stays in school for four years will be finished at 21 so he gets a full education before joining the team. I think he would be the perfect second line two-way center to help build around.

Keven Veillieux would be another good guy to have, he's 6'5 and 200 right now.

The Fuhr*

Keven Veillieux would be another good guy to have, he's 6'5 and 200 right now.

I think it would be a stretch to grab the guy in the first round. I do like his size but I am just not sold on his game, his intensity is not there yet but that could get there with experience. I am following his game though in the Q because I have to know my stuff come draft time in my FHL league, I have him pegged as an early 2nd rd pick right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->