ISS top 30 for January

feichter

Apr 2, 2006
Well, we don't have mid-term rankings. We put out rankings every month. Cann has been pretty steady near the top. Sexsmith around the middle of the pack. Lafleur is rising fast and Pelmeier not in our top 10 goalies yet, but I'll look into him.

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking CSS midterms. Thanks fro you time in answering me....much appreciated.
-Matt.

cmac10

Feb 6, 2007
Overage Players

Hey ISS,

I heard that there is are new rules on overage players? If thats true can you tell what they are..

Thanks

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Hey ISS

Could you give me some feed back on Colton Gillies. I've read some stories about his very poor skating. That would seem to be a huge hurdle in becoming a successful NHL player, and yet Gillies is ranked at #11.

Can you tell me what ISS sees as his strengths and weaknesses?

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Hey ISS

Could you give me some feed back on Colton Gillies. I've read some stories about his very poor skating. That would seem to be a huge hurdle in becoming a successful NHL player, and yet Gillies is ranked at #11.

Gillies skating is the only thing he does exceptionaly well.

Weaknesses: No hockey sense, takes dumb penalties, seems lost somtimes on ice, no finishing skills

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Gillies skating is the only thing he does exceptionaly well.

Weaknesses: No hockey sense, takes dumb penalties, seems lost somtimes on ice, no finishing skills

Thanks.

Typical that what your saying is in direct contrast to the other stuff I've read. Thanks again for your input.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Hey ISS

Gillies is a tremendous skater- one of the draft's top 5 in my opinion. I have never read or heard otherwise and I can't imagine anyone who has seen him skate say that. Perhaps some armchair internet "scouts" read about the big size, WHL, and low scoring totals and think he must be a slow mucker but that would be way, way off.

Finishing and finding holes for scoring chances are his weakness- as is getting off quick shots under pressure. His neutral zone, boards and defensive zone hockey sense are fine.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Hey ISS

Pizza, you saw my answer in the other thread, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->