ISS Top 30 for 2007 -- Final Ranking

toastman344*

Well I like that list overal...esp with JVR #2 ...Call me crazy, but I'd actually take him first overal...I also agree Esposito's kinda low...Man I thought he looked really good at the U18's...He's got tons of talent...I dunno if that ' lazy/attitude problems' label is overstated...but the talent is understated...if anything...Besides, talent is largely god given...whereas good coaching, coupled with a players growing maturity can produce huge attitudinal changes

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
What has Repik done in the non hockey time to make big rises in both iss and mckeen?
Ever heard of the WHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup?

I mean leading his Championship team in scoring, and being a first team all star in the Memorial Cup isn't a big deal at all. In fact he probably should have won the MVP of the entire tournament.

He was dominant. But no biggie, its the offseason.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
I would cry if we pick Gillies just to see Toronto picks Couture.

Ugh.

Montreal I really don't think has anything to worry about, you haev Gainey as a GM the guy is a genius and one of the best GMs in all the league, you'll draft someone and whether you like it or not, chances are it'll be a good move. I think the Leafs have something to worry about, I mean it'd be pretty hard to draft someone terrible at 13, there should/will be a nice selection of players to choose from and I think JFJ can make a mistake very easily. Somehow he'll take someone who is supposed to be good and they won't be, whereas Gainey will take someone who might have a "?" and that player will turn out well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Be prepared my friend, I think he's exactly the type of player Gainey will want to add.

Don't they have a similar player almost NHL ready in Chipchura? IMO, Montreal is more likely to go with another American high school defenseman, perhaps Ryan McDonaugh.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I would cry if we pick Gillies just to see Toronto picks Couture.

Ugh.

Many Habs fans cried when you picked Price, yet he has turned out to be very good. Whoever you pick, give him a chance. :teach:

Mobbex

Jul 29, 2006
Montreal
Arh, Gainey is no genius. He has a good staff (though the departure of Savard hurt) and he is patient. But a genius GM would NOT have let François Beauchemin go. HA! I mean I cut the guy some slack because he was a great player, and I feel sorry for his losses too. But that Beauchemin story was a total screw up.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Many Habs fans cried when you picked Price, yet he has turned out to be very good. Whoever you pick, give him a chance. :teach:

Don't get me wrong, I would love to pick Gillies at 22.

But before Couture? I don't know about that.

OilerOlli*

Ever heard of the WHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup?

I mean leading his Championship team in scoring, and being a first team all star in the Memorial Cup isn't a big deal at all. In fact he probably should have won the MVP of the entire tournament.

He was dominant. But no biggie, its the offseason.

Wasn't the playoffs and the memorial already in may before the may issues over?

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
Be prepared my friend, I think he's exactly the type of player Gainey will want to add.

Gainey isn't the one who chooses who the team drafts so that's a moot point.

Timmins has been put in charge of drafting for Montreal. Gillies is probably someone Timmins likes, but I doubt he'd take him so high unless he really sees something others don't and doesn't want to risk not being able to take him with the 2nd pick.

toastman344*

Washington will take Cherepanov at #5 , surely...Make OV and Semin very happy ...sans doubt...& with Backstrom coming too...Can u say future fireworks ???...OH BABY @!*!!! ...WOWEE MAUI ZOWEE etc etc :)

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Hey folks,

Just want to let you know that our final ranking is not a prediction that the player will be drafted in that spot. That is our evaluation of the player. We fully realize that players will not go in that spot.

FYI, in our mock draft (done by our scouts -- not me, the editor), which is separate from our ranking, we predict the Habs will take Mayorov and the Leafs will take Gillies at 13.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Don't get me wrong, I would love to pick Gillies at 22.

But before Couture? I don't know about that.

I would take Couture over Gillies too. Couture is one of my favourites. I have a feeling he won't be available at 12 or 13, sadly. :(

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I do not understand what could be going through JFJ's head if he chooses Gillies. I just don't understand at all.

pouskin74*

mayorov is too high on that list. they better replace him with esposito.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Gainey isn't the one who chooses who the team drafts so that's a moot point.

Timmins has been put in charge of drafting for Montreal. Gillies is probably someone Timmins likes, but I doubt he'd take him so high unless he really sees something others don't and doesn't want to risk not being able to take him with the 2nd pick.

I seriously doubt that Gainey anything less than a lot of input when it comes to who they draft.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's amazing and ironic that the same people who whine to no end about their teams lacking big, fast, hard-nosed Canadian players and spend their time calling out soft Euro playoff chokers will be horrified at the thought of their team taking Gillies over some 5'11' soft skill player from across the pond. Personally I'd be thrilled if the Canucks could pick Gillies up at 25, but I don't think he'll be there.

As for the list itself, interesting that ISS has the USNDTP and USHS guys pretty much uniformly much lower than most other rankings we see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad