ISS Preliminary Top 10 for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'll be getting another chance to see Cogliano live Saturday night.... The last game I seen him in he put up 3 pts, could have finished with a good 6 or 7 with the amount of oppoutunites that he helped generate.... He did have a bit of a tendency to try and do too much at times, looking to stickhandle past defenders only to be handled well by the defender.... as the game progressed he did a better job of using his teammates, and started to make some nice passes showing some fairly good passing skills.. Has a good hard shot with a quick release but struggled to find the mark at the game i was at, and of course the kid can fly... He also was used on his teams top pk unit, which showed he can be trusted by his coach shorthanded... Goes without saying his stock will take a hit due to the league he's in, hopefully enough of a hit so that my leafs have a chance at him, whomever gets him will have themselves the potential to have a real nice player for them down the road.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Johnny said:
I'll be getting another chance to see Cogliano live Saturday night.... The last game I seen him in he put up 3 pts, could have finished with a good 6 or 7 with the amount of oppoutunites that he helped generate.... He did have a bit of a tendency to try and do too much at times, looking to stickhandle past defenders only to be handled well by the defender.... as the game progressed he did a better job of using his teammates, and started to make some nice passes showing some fairly good passing skills.. Has a good hard shot with a quick release but struggled to find the mark at the game i was at, and of course the kid can fly... He also was used on his teams top pk unit, which showed he can be trusted by his coach shorthanded... Goes without saying his stock will take a hit due to the league he's in, hopefully enough of a hit so that my leafs have a chance at him, whomever gets him will have themselves the potential to have a real nice player for them down the road.

That would have to be a big hit wouldn't it? Because the Leafs don't have a 1st round pick this year unless I misread the Leetch deal.

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Epsilon said:
That would have to be a big hit wouldn't it? Because the Leafs don't have a 1st round pick this year unless I misread the Leetch deal.

I think you misread, the leafs have a 1st rounder for 05 most definitely.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Doyou think that Rimouski Francois Bolduc and francis Charette could be late round pick.

Bolduc is 6-5 225, a goot hitter and play well defensevely, got more icetime this year playing with JM Bolduc

Charette is way too small... i personnaly dont think a team will take a chance on him.. since Lascek didnt get draft last year

Just want your opinion

X-SHARKIE

I wish the Leafs would start taking the draft more seriosly, Last year I hated the pick of Pogge, but I loved the late gem of a pick in Earl....but we'll see.

Anyways, I watched Moncton vs PEI last night and Ryan Mior was in net and he played phenomenal...Although PEI really ran the trap and always had 4 guys back once they had the lead :(

Mior is one of my favorites and it's good to see him get back on the right track.

Side note: I drafted Martin Karsums at 35th overall in my 2004 entry draft for my keeper league and boy was he impressive last night....His top end speed has really improved and he used it very well.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
2 even strength goals for Daniel Bertram last night as BC beats Denver 6-2.So a
good start for Bertram.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I wish the Leafs would start taking the draft more seriosly, Last year I hated the pick of Pogge, but I loved the late gem of a pick in Earl....but we'll see.

Anyways, I watched Moncton vs PEI last night and Ryan Mior was in net and he played phenomenal...Although PEI really ran the trap and always had 4 guys back once they had the lead :(

Mior is one of my favorites and it's good to see him get back on the right track.

Side note: I drafted Martin Karsums at 35th overall in my 2004 entry draft for my keeper league and boy was he impressive last night....His top end speed has really improved and he used it very well.
Good news about both players. A bruin and a newfie.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Update on Chris Durand:he was out with an injury(don't know what kind).
He just scored his first points and a hattrick at that. 4 gp 3g 0a 3pts +3

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Alex Bourret with 6 assists last night.I'm pretty sure this guy is going to be on the next topten list.

X-SHARKIE

pei fan said:
Alex Bourret with 6 assists last night.I'm pretty sure this guy is going to be on the next topten list.

Yeah, I liked him alot last year, he's going to be more NHL ready then most prospects in the 2005 draft.

I updated my top 60 Thursday for the season so far threw October and I had him at 10 just ahead of Zagrapan. What a talent, best of all, he works his ass off. Very attractive package.

If only Sharks prospect Steve Bernier played that hard :mad:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Beatnik said:
From what I saw from Québec so far I don't think Churilov will be a first rounder in a depth draft. Gratchev (2007!) is already better than him.

I disagree with you, from what I saw Churilov is the best playmaker for the Remparts. Comparing him to Zagrapan and Radulov I'll say Zagrapan have the best moves, Radulov the best shot, and Churilov the best vision and the one who use is size the more to is advantage in the corners. Churilov seems bigger than Zagrapan and Radulov on the ice.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
pei fan said:
Well he's now at a 2 pt per game pace and his team is winning.Watch out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->