ISS Preliminary Top 10 for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Newfie Bruin said:
Great list Sharkie however i disagree with some points
*You and ISS seem much higher on O'Marra than me. I belive he will go around 15-20 and not 7th.
*Zubov/Paquet seem a bit high eventhough I really like Paque. I see them go around 25-35.
*Ryder is way too low. Sholud go in the later stages of the first
*Where is Denis Istomin?? He is also a player that should go in the later stages of the first.

Yeah I was thrilled when ISS had O'Marra in there top 10 because I love his game just so much raw talent that with a little devolopment, time, grooming can be very special.

Paquet just amazes me with his skill.

Never seen Ryder play, just went by ear so he obviosly slipped.

Never seen Denis Istomin as well.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
moosefan said:
-Players like Crosby don't come around everydraft.

-Players like Brule don't come around every draft either.

-Latendresse is a power forward that would go 1st overall in some drafts also Setoguchi is one awsome power forward as well.

-There are 5 goalies with 1st round talent in Rask, Levasseur, Mior, Price and Vincent.

-Johnson is just awsome, IMO he is better than Suter I seen Suter play at the WJC and Johnson play last year at the U17s and Johnson is the compete package plus he is exciting to watch. Kindl is awsome as well and is better than what Smid is. Anikeenko is not overrated, he is awsome but people don't get to see him play so he falters in rankings. Plus with Lashoff, Staal, Boudon, Paquet, Vojta, Buravchikov, Laakso, Korhonen, Lee, etc all having the ability to go 1st round in anydraft they would have been in. This year is awsome for d-men as well.

-this draft has awsome players getting bumbed down to the 3rd round ni my mock drafts that I do.

This draft is not overrated the least, this could be the best 1st round draft ever for talent. IMO you will still get superstar forwards getting drafted 2nd round in this draft and great d-men in the 2nd round with franchise goalies in the 2nd round as well.

I agree with you and disagree with Stebnick regarding Kindl, he is better than Smid, not as good defensively but much better offensively.

Regarding Anikeenko, I saw the World Cup in August and yes he was really awful.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
From what I saw from Québec so far I don't think Churilov will be a first rounder in a depth draft. Gratchev (2007!) is already better than him.

DonutLine

Aug 19, 2004
Jay Thompson said:
In regards to the WHL group:

Under no circumstances should Setoguchi be ahead of Durand. Chris Durand I feel will go around the #10 mark. Skill wise, he's top 10 for sure.

Carey Price is the one guy in the WHL I would say who is going to FLY up the charts. I think he'll be the first goaltender to go (over that Q guy, I can't spell his name so I'm not even going to make an attempt). In fact, I think he could go.. ready for this.. top 5. With his size and reflexes, there is enough there to make a GM think he could be a franchise guy. I think even if he only has an 'okay' season, he'll be a first rounder.

Mike Gauthier and Brendan Mikkleson could both be considered potential first rounders. Gauthier in particular I like. I think he wasn't able to show much last year, and he'll make believers out of scouts this year. Even if he doesn't break through offensively, he still could make it into the first round. Hell, Andy Rogers was a first rounder. Mikkleson is a big maybe, but I like him.

I personally feel Latendresse is going to slip to the bottom half of the draft. Anyone else feel that way?

Lastly, don't count out Danny Bertram for that #3 spot. After Brule and Crosby, one could pretty easily argue I'd say that he's the most skilled forward after those two guys, and certainly perhaps the most explosive.

I feel 2005 is going to be about as deep as it gets through the first half of the first round. Anyone picking before #20 even could come away with a franchise guy.
I read that the Tri-City Americans hired Olie Kolzig as their goalie coach while the NHL lockout is on.
http://www.whl.ca/headlines/index.php?id=2259&showToc=1&
Should be a real help in developing Carey Price.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
It's his old team. I read he's not getting paid. Basically, it's a way for him to be able to stay in some sort of shape as well using their facilities.

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
czechhockeyfan said:
Regarding Anikeenko, I saw the World Cup in August and yes he was really awful.

You`re absolutely right on this one. He was really bad in this tournament and is falling down the lists.. I`ve talked to some NHL scouts last week and they confirmed this. He is a late 1st rounder at best right now IMO.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
DonutLine said:
I read that the Tri-City Americans hired Olie Kolzig as their goalie coach while the NHL lockout is on.
http://www.whl.ca/headlines/index.php?id=2259&showToc=1&
Should be a real help in developing Carey Price.
Should be helpful in making Casey Price a loose cannon.

Kolzig: "Now Casey, what do we do when the ref screws you over on a call?"

Price: "Stay quiet, do you don't take a penalty?"

Kolzig: "NO!!!!! Overhead Stick Smash!!!!!!!!"

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
You guys better take a look at Benoit Pouliot for your lists.8gp 7g 6a 13pts
He's off to a pretty hot start.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Here are some stats to date for the preliminary top ten:
Sidney Crosby 7gp 4g 18a 22pts +8 QMJHL
Gilbert Brule 8 gp 5g 9a 14 pts +1 WHL
Jakub Kindl 8 gp og 1a 1 pt -2 OHL
Jack Johnson I don't have any stats could someone please provide
Ryan O' Marra 5gp 3g 4a 7 pts +2 OHL
Latendresse 5gp 2g 3a 5pts +1 QMJHL
Marek Zagrapan13gp6g 10a 16pts +5 QMJHL
Chris Durand 1gp 0g 0a 0pts +0 WHL
Michael Blunden 5gp 3g 2a 5 pts +0 OHL
Nicklas Bergfors 2gp 2g 1a 3pts in Super elite j20
and 8gp 1g 0a 1pt in SEL

Last edited:

mole

May 7, 2002
Top line, baby
Visit site
pei fan said:
Thaks Predatore I have already edited the stats.Can you clarify which league he is
playing in now.I assume the super elite J 20 is a junior league and the other league
is the top senior league,isn't it.
Well, he's been dressed for all 8 of Södertälje's games in the SEL (which is the top league, yes), but doesn't get great amounts of icetime each game.
The J20 games he played were in the 1st and 2nd rounds (of 6 so far) so I guess they had him down there to start off with but then decided to keep him just in the big team.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
mole said:
You can repay me by telling my how Slava Truhno's doing for you guys :)
He used to play for my hometown team here in Denmark.
My pleasure.Slava has been a big hit here .He missed some games(sore shoulder) early in the season but he's been great since he came back 7gp 5g 5a 10pts.He's definetly
the strongest offensive player we have and he's pretty good all around.The coaches are using him on a regular shift and both power play and penalty killing.
The team wasn't supposed to be to good this year according to the pundits but
they've been quite a surprise and are leading the divison although Moncton is close and has a few games in hand. Slava is impressing quite a few and he's a fan
favorite for his exciting style of play. :handclap:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
pei fan said:
Here are some stats to date for the preliminary top ten:
Sidney Crosby 7gp 4g 18a 22pts +8 QMJHL
Gilbert Brule 8 gp 5g 9a 14 pts +1 WHL
Jakub Kindl 8 gp og 1a 1 pt -2 OHL
Jack Johnson I don't have any stats could someone please provide
Ryan O' Marra 5gp 3g 4a 7 pts +2 OHL
Latendresse 5gp 2g 3a 5pts +1 QMJHL
Marek Zagrapan13gp6g 10a 16pts +5 QMJHL
Chris Durand 1gp 0g 0a 0pts +0 WHL
Michael Blunden 5gp 3g 2a 5 pts +0 OHL
Nicklas Bergfors 2gp 2g 1a 3pts in Super elite j20
and 8gp 1g 0a 1pt in SEL
Okay we have an update on Zack johnson(thanks Balej's Dance)
4gp 1g 3a 4pts
So that completes our list.Maybe someone could tell us why Chris Durand has
played only one game and what is his status now.
When I have more time I'll add some players that are off to good starts and might
have a crack at the top ten.If you have some suggestions or one of your favorites is not on the list let me know and we can track them as well.

creepycrawler

Sep 21, 2004
Again, remember that both Bertam and Cogliano are under 5'10. In order for them to get to the top 10 they are going to have to dominate this year. The same goes for Bradford in the USHL. Bertram going 1 on 1 against Chara won't be easy.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
creppycrawler said:
Again, remember that both Bertam and Cogliano are under 5'10. In order for them to get to the top 10 they are going to have to dominate this year. The same goes for Bradford in the USHL. Bertram going 1 on 1 against Chara won't be easy.

Bertram was listed at 5'11'' last I saw...

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
creppycrawler said:

Bertram is actually taller than both Brule and Crosby and Cogliano is 5'10.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
creppycrawler said:
Bertram and Cogliano though, were on most of our posters top ten lists so lets
track them as well.I think Alex Bourret will be interesting to watch and see if he climbs in the rankings.Can someone give me stats for Cogliano and Bertram and
maybe even a link for future use.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
Bertram and Cogliano though, were on most of our posters top ten lists so lets
track them as well.I think Alex Bourret will be interesting to watch and see if he climbs in the rankings.Can someone give me stats for Cogliano and Bertram and
maybe even a link for future use.

Cogliano go here to check his stats:
http://www.ohahockey.org/jra/stats/st_michaels.htm

Bertram go here to check his stats:
http://www.uscho.com/stats/team-overall.php?season=20042005&team=13&gender=m

but college hockey in the US never started yet, Bertram had the 3 points in exibition play, so no stats will be up yet.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
Cogliano is extremely talented player, and really showed it at the U-18 tournaments....but do you guys think this guy wells still have a chance at the top 10 with the level of competition he's playing?
Well so far he's not even the highest scorer on his own team and there's a 16 year
old ahead of him.I kind of expected he would tear the league up but he might yet.
So maybe he won't crack the top ten but since alot of forum members like him
we'll track his results.He certainly did play well at the U-18 and the memory of
how he compared to other prospects might well linger so lets wait and see.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->