ISS Mock Draft-TSN Insider

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
DarthSather99 said:
Your using one teams fire sale to justify your position. In essence you ignore the 10-12 other teams that have hit rock bottom due to lack of talent. I agree with you that there should be a weighted lottery at the minimum. The thing I don't understand is that most people who support a non-weighted lottery view a weighted lottery as a guaranteed position at the top for the bad teams. Look at the mock draft on TSN that ISS did. Toronto won the thing.

I only used the Caps because Borro specifically mentioned the Caps (sorry, should have quoted him) and that they deserved to pick high again. My issue is with the idea of re-using the 2004 draft order and the entitlement that teams that fared poorly in 2003/2004 seem to have. Any form of weighted lottery (with sufficient depth of time, don't use one year) or totally random lottery is fine with me. I'm just saying I don't want to see a rehash of 2004 and a double reward for one bad season. I can deal with a weighted system because it gives a potential boost to teams who have been consistently bad, but it also gives everyone some sort of chance to do well.

Nonweighted doesn't guarantee anyone a place anywhere and whoever is backing that position is off. It's equally fair and unfair to everyone. Most opinions for and against this sort of draft are based on team bias. Supporters of teams that would pick high using the 2004 order are for this idea and supporters of teams that picked late are against that idea and want random/slightly weighted. If anyone has a better system than totally random or partially weighted, I'm all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad