ISS launches new website

X0ssbar

Love it.. maybe whomever redesigned your site should work on the NHL's (even though I realize they just redesigned theirs).

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Ahhhhhhh! Chrepenanov just scared the crap out me me. I watched all the others load, then bam Chrepy jumps out and says boo. ;)

Nice site.

Last edited:

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Good site. A little too much movement on the top with the players fading in and out. Maybe they should fade in at the start only, because I find my eye being drawn to it. Another potential drawback is that that site has to be terrible for people with slow connections, and from my knowledge, people in the sports world aren't exactly technology gurus (and therefore might not have the highspeed connection).

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Where the WHL top prospects?
They're not there because we don't do rankings on the WHL prospects until April. In the Dub, players are drafted at 14 and in our estimation, it's too difficult to give an accurate ranking until April because we don't get enough opportunities to see the top guys play against each other. There are tournaments that take place after the season that help us in this regard. This the same reason we don't do a mid-season draft preview for the WHL, but we do it for the OHL and the QMJHL.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Good site. A little too much movement on the top with the players fading in and out. Maybe they should fade in at the start only, because I find my eye being drawn to it. Another potential drawback is that that site has to be terrible for people with slow connections, and from my knowledge, people in the sports world aren't exactly technology gurus (and therefore might not have the highspeed connection).

I sort of wondered what it might look like for those with slow connections. That's why I think it's important for us to have some content on the site. If you can't take advantage of the sizzle, you've got to have some steak.

HFPM

Mar 25, 2006
Leduc...
www.fortybelow.ca
Not a bad site, but the articles need work. They're really disorganized and tough to read. I understand the difficulty of operating under a new window, but something needs to be done IMO. Maybe load it as a page like the others, or make it downloadable. My only other complaint is the Top 15 section and the rotated logos. I'd try moving over everything to the right of the Top 15 section and put those logos right side up.

Just some food for thought.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Not a bad site, but the articles need work. They're really disorganized and tough to read. I understand the difficulty of operating under a new window, but something needs to be done IMO. Maybe load it as a page like the others, or make it downloadable. My only other complaint is the Top 15 section and the rotated logos. I'd try moving over everything to the right of the Top 15 section and put those logos right side up.

Just some food for thought.

Fixed the articles. They should be easier for everybody to read. As for your other suggestions, thank you for those. We're still tweaking the site and we'll take those into consideration when we do so.:cheers:

HFPM

Mar 25, 2006
Leduc...
www.fortybelow.ca
Fixed the articles. They should be easier for everybody to read. As for your other suggestions, thank you for those. We're still tweaking the site and we'll take those into consideration when we do so.:cheers:

That looks a lot better. I'd love to see it once you're finished.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
i love the videos. I was impressed buy the Oscar Moller one, except when he gets outplayed by Gagner.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
same!

btw: whose M. Mayorov? I haven't heard much about him.

Maxim Mayorov is a forward whose Russian Super League rights belong to Ak Bars Kazan. He didn't make their top club this year, so instead of playing for their Division 2 team, they lent him to Neftyanik Leninogorsk. They were out of the playoff race, so he finished the season with Neftyanik Almetyevsk.

Here is a link to get his stats with both teams -- which are both in the Vysshaya Liga (or the Russian High League as some call it -- it's a pro league, but at a lower level than Russian Super League yet higher than Division 2) by the way.

http://www.global-sport.ru/players/info?id=14695

Mayorov had a very good tournament at the world junior A challenge in Yorkton last fall. Our scout was very impressed by thim there. We've continued to watch him. He hasn't put up very big numbers with this club team, but he's being used in a limited role. We're looking forward to seeing him at the world under-18s to get a better read on how he compares. But his skill set is very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad