ISS 2012 top-30 (October)

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Taken from ISS risers and fallers and oddly Ville Pokka was under fallers:

Were ISS on acid when they were watching him play? I've seen 3 of his games so far playing in SM-liiga and never did it even come into mind the the kid is reckless. From what I've seen obviously he's made mistakes but generally speaking he's been really calm with the puck and he's made mostly good decisions. I was actually looking for Pokka to be under "risers" not "fallers"

If the worst they can say is he's very creative with the puck, it's a non issue, as I'm sure it will be for many, if not all teams. Defense can be taught into a players 20's. Confidence can't if they worry about mistakes all the time.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
RE: Galchenyuk's ranking

I really honestly think its almost an out of sight out of mind thing going on with him. Other kids are impressing and breaking out while Galchenyuk hasn't been able to wow scouts yet. I fully expect him to be a top 10 pick maybe top 5.

I understand that kind of phenomenon happening on, say, a website like this one, where most fans take a "what have you done in this last week" approach to player evaluation.

But I would have thought scouts who get paid to do this sort of thing would have a wider view of things, and not dismiss a guy who came into the season a potential top five pick just because they haven't had a chance to see him yet.

Just seems strange to me, especially when you consider the injury (as far as I know) isn't supposed to have any lingering effects on his game down the line.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Taken from ISS risers and fallers and oddly Ville Pokka was under fallers:

Were ISS on acid when they were watching him play? I've seen 3 of his games so far playing in SM-liiga and never did it even come into mind the the kid is reckless. From what I've seen obviously he's made mistakes but generally speaking he's been really calm with the puck and he's made mostly good decisions.
I have to agree with you, strange comments, especially the “risky defensive play†part. Obviously he’s still learning, but overall he has been sensible, calm and surprisingly reliable. The coaching staff would not have given him so much ice time in SM-liiga (close to 21 minutes per game so far in 5 games) if there would have been a problem with the way he plays. Although his team is going through multiple injuries at the moment, they were not forced to give Pokka responsibility on both the power play and the short handed situations, he earned it. Also I wouldn’t call Pokka a “big offensive d-menâ€, he’s a 6 feet tall all-around defenseman with slightly limited mobility, a good outlet pass and the ability to man the point on the power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad