ISO: AAA league for 2014s/squirt majors

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
My organization in Buffalo for years had been competing in the SCTA/OMHA in Ontario. We are no longer able to play in that league. I’m searching for something comparable in the Northeast United States for us to play in for the 24-25 season.

Are there any AAA leagues out there that we could join? I’m considering the Tier 1 Hockey Federation. Any other suggestions?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Most of the Tier 1 teams in Jersey play in the THF as far as I know. If there is an AHF presence in that area, you will likely have to move your tier2 program to the AHF. 2 organizations here who play in the THF are all of a sudden going full time into the AHF after being in the NJYHL and EJEPL for their tier 2 side for years. There is also the tier1 elite hockey league, but all I know about them is there are a lot less teams and a lot more travel.

Reactions: drew5580

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
My organization in Buffalo for years had been competing in the SCTA/OMHA in Ontario. We are no longer able to play in that league. I’m searching for something comparable in the Northeast United States for us to play in for the 24-25 season.

Are there any AAA leagues out there that we could join? I’m considering the Tier 1 Hockey Federation. Any other suggestions?

So your Buffalo-based organization used to play in Ontario, but are now kicked out? Is there a story there you'd like to share?

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
So your Buffalo-based organization used to play in Ontario, but are now kicked out? Is there a story there you'd like to share?
The OMHA trimmed the number of teams and the cross boarder insurance became an issue. It was easier and cheaper to remove the one American team than incur the costs anymore. We aren’t the only ones that got booted.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON

The Buffalo teams are notoriously not competitive in the league. There have been rumors of them getting the boot for years. Families don't like to cross the border to play lesser teams in a grunge rink. I know one of the younger teams is like 1-30-0. My son used to be in SCTA years back and nobody enjoyed the hassle.

This year the rink poisoned a bunch of people with CO and had to be shut down a few times. That was probably the straw that broke the back.

As far as a AAA league? Nothing in the states in the area that I know of. Probably best bet is to go independent and play Syracuse, ROCO, Pens Elite, and the Barons, and do a bunch of AAA showcases and tournaments. There are also good AA teams in the area.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Here is a link to the THF in the northeast. Not much in upstate NY. I know 2 kids who play for the Woodbridge Wolfpack (Central NJ) tier 1 team. They have gone to Rochester and Utica to play 1 double header, so teams will travel in that league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad