Pre-Game Talk: Isles vs Rangers - Final Battle at Coliseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Been waiting for this game for a long time.

Will be there tonight in 308--- I think one of you guys is sitting near me.

Who is going?

Which team is going to show up?

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I'm not very concerned about the Rangers. The team always gets up to play them. My concern is what they have in the tank because teams on the back end of a b2b normally don't win the 2nd game. Hopefully the emotional boost from the rivalry game helps big time.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
For the out of towners, not sure what broadcast NHL network picks up tonight...last time it was the Isles, but I don't think the Devils were playing that night, so depending what sub network we're on they may pick up Sam and Joe tonight.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Feels like a team hitting a rough patch vs. a team that has played near flawlessly for two months. I'd like to think the whole "last Rags-Isles game at NVMC" would be some kind of motivation, but fans care more about that stuff than players (I've been to as many games at the Coli as a lot of guys on the team; the building probably means more to me, too).

I will be breathing into a paper bag, rethinking my life choices during this game. Why does it matter so much?

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Anything less than a 60 minute effort and we're going to get smoked.

Not sure if others have noticed this, but the Rangers seemingly play better/harder/smarter/whatever in front of Talbot. Not saying they're bad with Queen in net, but they've got more of a margin for error with him back there, and have stepped up their game in his absence. They're like 11-2-3 since Queen went down. Unreal.

I like the fact that we've got Halak on 4 days rest coming in. Getting KO would also be a huge lift for this team, I'm just hoping he's not rushing it. Also, please be healthy Nick Leddy.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Anything less than a 60 minute effort and we're going to get smoked.

Not sure if others have noticed this, but the Rangers seemingly play better/harder/smarter/whatever in front of Talbot. Not saying they're bad with Queen in net, but they've got more of a margin for error with him back there, and have stepped up their game in his absence.

I like the face that we've got Halak on 4 days rest coming in. Getting KO would also be a huge lift for this team, I'm just hoping he's not rushing it. Also, please be healthy Nick Leddy.

Talbot's numbers to my surprise have not been that great in this 15 game stretch since he came in...he was at .911 before the Hawks game, considering how well that D has played you'd think he'd have posted over .920. It makes you wonder if he'd not be that great on an average team.

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
Feels like a team hitting a rough patch vs. a team that has played near flawlessly for two months. I'd like to think the whole "last Rags-Isles game at NVMC" would be some kind of motivation, but fans care more about that stuff than players (I've been to as many games at the Coli as a lot of guys on the team; the building probably means more to me, too).

I will be breathing into a paper bag, rethinking my life choices during this game. Why does it matter so much?

Kinda funny how we all see the team as struggling a bit, not firing on all cylinders like earlier this year.....yet the team is 10-3-3 in last 16. My only hope for tonight, is that we get to sing the Rangers fans out early in the third with a good old hey,hey,hey....goodbye......you can't beat us!

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Been waiting for this game for a long time.

Will be there tonight in 308--- I think one of you guys is sitting near me.

Who is going?

Which team is going to show up?

Buddy of mine bagged 7 tickets back in Dec in the 200's so will be there cheering on the boys....just trying to decide whether to wear the JT Blues, Hammer White or KO Stadium series sweater tonight?

I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst tonight. They have not been firing on all cylinders for over a month, yes I know our record doesn't look bad at all, and that is important, but anyone who is watching these games can see we have been off from what they did in the beginning of the year. Hopefully with KO coming back & the schedule becoming more reasonable--we can regain what we had in the first half of the season.

Tailgate begins at 5 !!!

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I didn't get tickets for this one, but I went to the other two. 7:00 can't come faster because I am way too excited for this game.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I expect a killer game --- and will be taking in and enjoying the rivalry, for it shall be different experience next year....

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I really can't focus on anything else right now. I'm taking the afternoon off, picking up my younger son from school - which I never get to do - and then heading out to the Island to get dinner with Dad before heading to the game.

I need to bang out a few things at work this morning and its really difficult.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I really can't focus on anything else right now. I'm taking the afternoon off, picking up my younger son from school - which I never get to do - and then heading out to the Island to get dinner with Dad before heading to the game.

I need to bang out a few things at work this morning and its really difficult.

LOL

I'm swamped as well, and you can see where I'm spending my time this morning.. Picking up my buddy (rags fan) at Westbury LIRR at 4 and heading down to Coli.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Will be in my regular seats in 304 tonight. Really been looking forward to this one.. Hate that it is back to back and also that we might now be missing Leddy (hope not) but need to dig down deep and win this one.. Last Isles/rags at the coli so want this one bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad