Staples Twitter: Isles Sign Goalie C. Gibson 1 yr/2-way contract.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I like Gibson. He may not ever amount to anything, but you never know. All you have to do is look at the 2 Blackhawks goalies to see, you don't give up up on a goalie prospect. He's #4 on the Isles depth chart at this moment, so rated higher than Williams and MacAdam at this point.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
It is going to be an interesting battle in Bridgeport between Gibson, Williams and McAdam.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
McAdam should see a lot of ECHL action likely.

I have to think that is the most likely case, at least the first month or two, until an injury occurs and either necessitates a call up to the NHL (presumably Gibson) or to the AHL (with McAdam being called up).

However, if McAdam shows well, something will need to be done to clear a spot for him in the AHL. A month or two in the ECHL is OK but, ultimately, the Isles need to get him minutes with the BST if they want to see him progress and develop.

It is a good problem to have, you can never have enough lottery tickets, and goalie prospects are like pitching prospects in MLB, you simply never know what will happen year to year with their development, growth and health.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Didn't Williams have a poorer season than expected last year, so maybe he'll be the odd one out? I don't think anyone expected Gibson to play a minute of NHL hockey last season but he did fine when called up and will likely be #3 when the season starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00