Isles Prospect Talk 2020-21 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
he’s also the same age as Sorokin (25) so who knows if he ever plays in the NHL but if he can hang in the AHL that’s not a bad guy to have around. Assuming he plays to his size.

I feel like he might have been teammates with Bridgeport Goalie Marrotte?
He made the ECAC 1st all star team this year which is unusual for someone with only 8 points. Even considering he's a dman and it was a short season, that does make him intriguing.

Probably still a longshot as an NHL regular, but could be some good help for Bridgeport.

Last edited:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
can the kid hit and drop the mitts? You know, lay some lumber, chop wood?
Doesn't seem like he plays a particularly nasty game, as he only has 30 PIM in his 104 games in the NCAA. Of course, that could change in the pros where views on that sort of thing are a bit different. He did take more penalties when he was in the BCHL, so it's hard to say.

Reactions: Brain Hemorrhage

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
Doesn't seem like he plays a particularly nasty game, as he only has 30 PIM in his 104 games in the NCAA. Of course, that could change in the pros where views on that sort of thing are a bit different. He did take more penalties when he was in the BCHL, so it's hard to say.
Potentially a player of the ilk represented by Warren Zevon's "The Hockey Song", a big body without much skill whose only role would be to, reluctantly, mix it up when necessary. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, they are no longer relevant in the NHL and that would have been his only path to it. A meaningless signing as far as the big club is concerned.

Reactions: Brain Hemorrhage

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Ruslan Iskhakov has signed with the Mannheim Adler of the German #DEL.

That's, uh, unexpected.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Ruslan Iskhakov has signed with the Mannheim Adler of the German #DEL.

That's, uh, unexpected.

Hey good for him, get in all your travel now :). Adler is a terrific program so I'm all for it, better then Bridgeport or Worcester

Ruslan Iskhakov at eliteprospects.com

From Adler's press release:

"The Adler Mannheim squad for the 2021/22 season continues to take shape. From Finnish runner-up TPS Turku, attacker Ruslan Iskhakov moves to Mannheim. The 20-year-old Russian is on a one-year contract with the Eagles.
"The fact that Ruslan chose Mannheim and is convinced that he can take perhaps the most decisive step on the way to the NHL with us is a special honour for us and fills us with great pride," says sports manager Jan-Axel Alavaara about Iskhakov's signing. "Ruslan is a young, extremely talented player who skates superbly, can read and direct the game and always has an eye for his teammates, but is also dangerous. I'm sure we'll have a lot of joy in him and he has a great future ahead of him.'
Iskhakov's development over the past year is simply impressive. In his first professional season, the Moscow-born attacker, who was drafted 43rd overall by the New York Islanders in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, scored 10 goals and 28 assists in 54 Liiga games. Iskhakov Turkus was the fourth best scorer after the main round. In 13 playoff games, the left-hander added two more goals and five assists. Prior to joining TPS, Iskhakov played two years at the University of Connecticut, where he was one of the top players with 42 points in 64 NCAA games.
"I am very happy to be part of the team next season. The way the Eagles play hockey fits perfectly with my style of play. For me, Mannheim is the perfect place to take my game to a new level and become a better player for the NHL. I want to work myself and help the team to be successful, Iskhakov said of his move to Mannheim."

Sounds like his eyes are entirely on the NHL.

Last edited:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Hey good for him, get in all your travel now :). Adler is a terrific program so I'm all for it, better then Bridgeport or Worcester

Ruslan Iskhakov at eliteprospects.com

From Adler's press release:

"The Adler Mannheim squad for the 2021/22 season continues to take shape. From Finnish runner-up TPS Turku, attacker Ruslan Iskhakov moves to Mannheim. The 20-year-old Russian is on a one-year contract with the Eagles.
"The fact that Ruslan chose Mannheim and is convinced that he can take perhaps the most decisive step on the way to the NHL with us is a special honour for us and fills us with great pride," says sports manager Jan-Axel Alavaara about Iskhakov's signing. "Ruslan is a young, extremely talented player who skates superbly, can read and direct the game and always has an eye for his teammates, but is also dangerous. I'm sure we'll have a lot of joy in him and he has a great future ahead of him.'
Iskhakov's development over the past year is simply impressive. In his first professional season, the Moscow-born attacker, who was drafted 43rd overall by the New York Islanders in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, scored 10 goals and 28 assists in 54 Liiga games. Iskhakov Turkus was the fourth best scorer after the main round. In 13 playoff games, the left-hander added two more goals and five assists. Prior to joining TPS, Iskhakov played two years at the University of Connecticut, where he was one of the top players with 42 points in 64 NCAA games.
"I am very happy to be part of the team next season. The way the Eagles play hockey fits perfectly with my style of play. For me, Mannheim is the perfect place to take my game to a new level and become a better player for the NHL. I want to work myself and help the team to be successful, Iskhakov said of his move to Mannheim."

Sounds like his eyes are entirely on the NHL.
this kid is really doing the world tour huh?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League announced today the 2020-21 AHL All-Star Teams, as voted by AHL coaches, players and media in each of the league’s 28 active member cities.
This season, an All-Star Team was selected for each of the league’s five divisions.
2020-21 AHL Atlantic Division All-Star Team
G - Jeremy Swayman, Providence Bruins (8-1-0, 1.89gaa, .933sv%, 1so)
D - Samuel Bolduc, Bridgeport Sound Tigers (24gp, 6+8=14pts., +5, 1 PPG)
D - Tarmo Reunanen, Hartford Wolf Pack (21gp, 4+13=17pts., 2 PPG)
F - Morgan Barron, Hartford Wolf Pack (21gp, 10+11=21pts., +8, 6 PPG)
F - Cameron Hughes, Providence Bruins (25gp, 5+16=21pts., 1 PPG, 1 SHG)
F - Jakub Lauko, Providence Bruins (23gp, 5+14=19pts., +11, 2 PPG)

Reactions: Thrasymachus

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Not to mention the guys that have been ready to go for like 3 years already. Aho, Vandesompel, Wotherspoon...and still we have (this year) Hickey and Coburn

We have a lot of depth, but what we are missing is high end depth to replace top 2 and top 3

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Hes a 20 year old rookie who had a good pro season. I’ll take it.

Bolduc is a wonderful prospect and looks to have all the tools to be an effective NHL dman. Definitely looking very promising.

I just think getting named to THIS All-Star team based on players from three clubs in a 24-game season isn't a statement or attest to our system blueline depth.

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Not to mention the guys that have been ready to go for like 3 years already. Aho, Vandesompel, Wotherspoon...and still we have (this year) Hickey and Coburn

We have a lot of depth, but what we are missing is high end depth to replace top 2 and top 3
I'd put Hutton ahead of all of them and he's realistically a bottom pair guy at best.

Bolduc looks like a stud (fingers crossed).

Salo and Wilde are more like A/B prospects that may or may not pan out.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Before we pop open the champagne for our prospects lets remember that Brent Thomspon still coaches in Bridgeport and has been utterly awful at it. Can anyone here really tell me that he has developed any talent?

Reactions: Thrasymachus

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Before we pop open the champagne for our prospects lets remember that Brent Thomspon still coaches in Bridgeport and has been utterly awful at it. Can anyone here really tell me that he has developed any talent?

Weren't Pelech and Pulock both developed under him or was he with the big club then?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not this again :facepalm:

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Weren't Pelech and Pulock both developed under him or was he with the big club then?

On any other team Pulock would've been playing NHL hockey by year 1 but this was the Garth Snow Islanders. For the sake of argument ill cede both players but go on tell me what project player flourished under his tutelage. Bridgeport still didnt make the playoffs this year again. What other player came out of Bridgeport and said I own my successes to to Thomspon? This is the prospect thread.. In all honesty I dont get easily excited for a guy who we wont see in 3 year and will spend that time with a Boston leftover from a failed dark era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad