Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

I think it's a good thing for Wilde. I would like the Islanders to do the same for Holmstrom. I don't know if a CHL team has his rights, but I would like to see him play against players his age. Perhaps it could give a better idea of his offensive potential.

Reactions: Finster8

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I think it's a good thing for Wilde. I would like the Islanders to do the same for Holmstrom. I don't know if a CHL team has his rights, but I would like to see him play against players his age. Perhaps it could give a better idea of his offensive potential.

I could be wrong but, on Elite Prospects, I don't see any CHL team currently holding rights to Holmstrom.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Very interesting about Wilde. His high ankle sprain really messed up the beginning of the year for him. Maybe with Bridgeport missing the playoffs it’s better for him to go to Saginaw and try and play 25minutes a night and go on a playoff run.

For those who watched Bridgeport regularly, how was his play?

Reactions: Finster8

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I could be wrong but, on Elite Prospects, I don't see any CHL team currently holding rights to Holmstrom.

No one does.

CHL

A lot of times teams will avoid Swedish players unless there's some kind of indication before the draft that they might be interested in playing in North America. Largely, I believe, because Swedes tend to like to develop their own players back home.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Finsk landslagsback klar för Örebro Hockey

Confirmed, inked a contract for this season, and next with Örebro. He joins them as the leader in defenseman points for his Liiga team, and league leader in ATOI.

Frölunda(arguably the best team in Sweden right now) also wanted to sign him, but he chose Örebro.

Good for him! Guess that means the org hasn't shown much interest in bringing him over.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Good for him! Guess that means the org hasn't shown much interest in bringing him over.
Swedish news has reported that there's interest from the NHL for him already. SHL contracts do have an NHL clause, so you could say the extra season is more "if it's not NHL/AHL, then it's here".

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think Holmstrom is Pastrnak like in his scoring touch...He just needs to get stronger. Wahlstrom...I think he's one of those guys that needs time to out everything together...

The only issue about JHS is that he tries to make a play, even though the chances of something happening is less than 10%....when really, he should reset, pass back and start the play over again. Sometimes he waits till the absolute last second to stop the play and pass back...always tries to carry. He has the strength now, the speed, the skill...just gotta work on making the right decisions.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The only issue about JHS is that he tries to make a play, even though the chances of something happening is less than 10%....when really, he should reset, pass back and start the play over again. Sometimes he waits till the absolute last second to stop the play and pass back...always tries to carry. He has the strength now, the speed, the skill...just gotta work on making the right decisions.

Hasn't that been the biggest knock on JHS game? Making a risky play instead of the safer, boring play?
Do you notice any kind of decrease in these type of plays from JHS from his earlier stints in Bridgeport?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Hasn't that been the biggest knock on JHS game? Making a risky play instead of the safer, boring play?
Do you notice any kind of decrease in these type of plays from JHS from his earlier stints in Bridgeport?

He doesn't get the puck knocked off him as often. He'll try to pass it in front of the net, but 9/10 times no one is there. If he plays with someone with a high hockey IQ, I think he'd do well. They'll always know where to be. He floats a bit..hanging a bit further back to catch a missed pass or big rebound so he can use his speed to go the other way. He's a lot more noticeable...Wahlstrom is invisible comparatively.

Ho-Sang got a little physical this game...

Holmstrom just scored.. Him an Ishakov are gonna be good wingers!

Other players -

Koivula is noticeable....I really like his game

Really like Wotherspoon. The guy is ready now.

Burroughs needs a chance. I think he'd be ok ...for some reason, he reminds me of Hickey

I'm realizing that Wahlstrom is weak..like very weak. I think he's relied on being a tall guy and using more finesse than physicalness. He was thrown to the ice by another player with one arm...went down like a toothpick.

I didn't realize Lorito and St Denis were on contract with the team....These guys are actually good enough to call up...Fritz-like players.

Coreau is so bad....the only reason he makes saves is because he's a big guy.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
lol hope they continue to push each other.
I have my concerns about Wahlstrom and not because I read steveat post. Concerns have been there since I first saw him play in world juniors. Elite shot yes but kid is hardly noticeable in most games I have seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad