Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't know who that guy is who tweeted that. That Igor Eronko guy is the only one I trust for Russian players. If he confirms this then I'll raise an eyebrow.

I'm not concerned about sourcing, because there's absolutely nothing surprising about CSKA wanting to resign Sorokin. It is really all about Sorokin's desire to play against the best competition playing out vs. the amount of money he makes in the short term + the comfort of remaining in Russia. That's all there is to it. NYI will offer whatever they can, and they have a warm spot for him with a buddy to boot. The ball is in Sorokin's court and there's nothing material anyone can say or change about it. It's up to Sorokin.

If he chooses to stay, especially for multiple years, I think he stays. The older *anyone* gets, the harder it gets to make massive life changes. It's not impossible he comes to the NHL as a 28 year old UFA, but I'd bet against it at even odds.

Reactions: crasherino

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I'm not concerned about sourcing, because there's absolutely nothing surprising about CSKA wanting to resign Sorokin. It is really all about Sorokin's desire to play against the best competition playing out vs. the amount of money he makes in the short term + the comfort of remaining in Russia. That's all there is to it. NYI will offer whatever they can, and they have a warm spot for him with a buddy to boot. The ball is in Sorokin's court and there's nothing material anyone can say or change about it. It's up to Sorokin.

If he chooses to stay, especially for multiple years, I think he stays. The older *anyone* gets, the harder it gets to make massive life changes. It's not impossible he comes to the NHL as a 28 year old UFA, but I'd bet against it at even odds.

What kind of money will CSKA offer? Sorokin needs to start on an ELC in NA , correct?

So in the short term he could make more in Russia, but if he proves himself here, who knows what he could get? A washed up Bobrovsky got 80 million!

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
What kind of money will CSKA offer? Sorokin needs to start on an ELC in NA , correct?

So in the short term he could make more in Russia, but if he proves himself here, who knows what he could get? A washed up Bobrovsky got 80 million!

There was an article about KHL players salaries little while back on a russian site. Sorokin was listed 21st in the league with salary of 90Million rubles, roughly 1,4Million dollars. So they are most likely offering more than that. I would think the taxation is also different in Russia than New York..

( Новый рейтинг зарплат КХЛ. <br> 54 самых дорогих хоккеиста лиги )

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Pardon the intrusion. Do you Isles fans get the sense Dobson is staying pat and not being released for the world juniors? I'm getting that impression.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Pardon the intrusion. Do you Isles fans get the sense Dobson is staying pat and not being released for the world juniors? I'm getting that impression.
More than likely he is staying put. Its possible Wahlstrom gets released but I think the odds are against that as well.

Dobson has played 2 games in a row and is the go to #7 Dman. The blue line has been remarkably healthy but that's likely to change at some point. Especially if a RHD goes down (so far Dobson has been mostly subbing in for an injured Leddy on the left side).

Reactions: Scrantonicity 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->