Post-Game Talk: Panthers lose again but clinch playoff spot for 5th straight season

Preferred first round opponent?

• Tampa

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’m not overly concerned with the panther struggles as of late. I was really happy with how they played last game. That was a very high tempo, physical, and intense game. Playoff atmosphere. They scored immediately into it. Yeah they blew that coverage on the pastrnak goal but things like that aren’t systemic issues. That’s a one off type situation that’s correctable. Plus I think that was balinskis’ man, he just didn’t realize he was back there but wouldn’t be playing with ek in the lineup anyways. Took the lead in a great Verhaeghe goal. Just ran into a shitty situation at the end with Erod accidentally skying that one, obviously not on purpose or not even a reckless stick infraction, the puck just got under too much. Luo falls at the blueline and they tie it on the pp. the go ahead goal goes off a stick or skate and in. I don’t think those 2 goals at the end is indicative of their play throughout that game and it did prove that they can turn on the playoff mode switch when they want to. Give bob some rest down this final stretch, maybe give Barkov a little rest too tbh, let Ekblad take his time, give Tarasenko more time to mesh with Barkov and let’s enter the playoff fairly rested and healthy. I have no preference on who we play

On a separate note, here are how some recent team finishes to their seasons and how a lousy or bad end to the regular season doesn’t always mean that much:

3-6-1 won the cup in ‘20
12-11-1 won the cup in ‘21
14-11-2 played for the cup in ‘22
1-5-1 won the cup in ‘22

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’m not overly concerned with the panther struggles as of late. I was really happy with how they played last game. That was a very high tempo, physical, and intense game. Playoff atmosphere. They scored immediately into it. Yeah they blew that coverage on the pastrnak goal but things like that aren’t systemic issues. That’s a one off type situation that’s correctable. Plus I think that was balinskis’ man, he just didn’t realize he was back there but wouldn’t be playing with ek in the lineup anyways. Took the lead in a great Verhaeghe goal. Just ran into a shitty situation at the end with Erod accidentally skying that one, obviously not on purpose or not even a reckless stick infraction, the puck just got under too much. Luo falls at the blueline and they tie it on the pp. the go ahead goal goes off a stick or skate and in. I don’t think those 2 goals at the end is indicative of their play throughout that game and it did prove that they can turn on the playoff mode switch when they want to. Give bob some rest down this final stretch, maybe give Barkov a little rest too tbh, let able take his time, give Tarasenko more time to mesh with Barkov and let’s enter the playoff fairly rested and healthy. I have no preference on who we play

On a separate note, here are how some recent team finishes to their seasons and how a lousy or bad end to the regular season doesn’t always mean that much:

3-6-1 won the cup in ‘20
12-11-1 won the cup in ‘21
14-11-2 played for the cup in ‘22
1-5-1 won the cup in ‘22
Very interesting stats.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
No Ekblad = Loss

1711627468578.jpeg

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’m guessing they’re just giving Lomberg a little bit of rest, given how he plays im sure he has some bumps and bruises and Lorentz has finally started to look decent and more like what I was hoping to see from him on the 4th. Give him some more time and it gives us an option both at center if they do go with Stenlund on the wing, but more likely another option at wing. Which would be good to have since I’m not crazy about cousins on the 4th. Wish gadjo had a little more skill to his game otherwise hed be pretty perfect opposite of Lomberg

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
lol @ Bruins fans talking insane amounts of shit Tuesday night and then watching their team get dumpstered by the Lightning last night. Turns out that if you actually clear the zone so that Pastrnak can't lazily sit in front of the net for free goals, that team f***ing blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad