Isles name Weight HC

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It's the Islanders, odd is par for the course :-P

Good for him, he seemed to get them rolling. Players like him. Expecting them to be improved next season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They need to bring in a President of Hockey Ops now.

How can you have accountability if you report to yourself?

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
oilers v2.0. give it another 5 years and they'll become good again. once they decide to clean house

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Cant be worse than Flinstone. Snow is the one who needs to go though. Team is going nowhere til then.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think this is what Tavares wanted. I bet he will sign a contract soon. He said he wanted Doug to stay on board because of familiarity. They have a good record with him as coach but how much of that actually translates to another year? Boston and NYI aren't 100-110 point teams like their half seasons with their new coaches show them to be.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
On a coaching level, I like it if we can get someone to overhaul the power-play (though Pulock may help alone).

On an organizational level, its annoying knowing Snow is untouchable. I would love if they brought in a Team Pres to oversee Snow.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
oilers v2.0. give it another 5 years and they'll become good again. once they decide to clean house

Oilers make the playoffs for the 1st time in 10 years and now they're the standard? Isles have been a playoff team the last few years with the exception of this season where they missed by 1 point.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I love everything about Weight except his PP.

There's no way in hell we would have known Ho-Sang was ready and was a key contributor to the team of Cappy was still coach.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
KLowe/MacT
Sakic/Roy
Robitaille/Blake
Snow/Weight

What could possibly go wrong?

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
I think this is what Tavares wanted. I bet he will sign a contract soon. He said he wanted Doug to stay on board because of familiarity. They have a good record with him as coach but how much of that actually translates to another year? Boston and NYI aren't 100-110 point teams like their half seasons with their new coaches show them to be.

Isles had back to back 100 point seasons before this year, and were only 6 points off that pace with the terrible start.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016

does that include in giving up on Tavares? becuse the only way the Islanders are going to get that low is if there is a complete rebuild and get a few high lottery picks, and if Tavares is here they are never going to get that low

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
They gave him an opportunity in an interim position and he succeeded - I don't see the issue.

I would have to agree with this and said the same in the Isles board. He took a team that was dead last and missed the 8th spot by 1 point. 52 points in 40 games is decent same size.

He needs to get a staff that will/can work on the PP. I think having Ho-sang on the first unit from the jump and throughout camp (yes, as long as he wakes up in time harhar) could help. We shall see, but the fact that Snow is staying on board is a bit concerning.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
They gave him an opportunity in an interim position and he succeeded - I don't see the issue.

Exactly he earned the job.. Only thing to be worried about is keeping him around for wayyyyyyyy too long if he starts to become a clear negative impact on our team like that other guy I dont want to talk about who was the 4th most tenured coach in the league earlier this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad