Isles Marketing, Going Forward

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I'm wondering how the Isles marketing machine (heaps of sarcasm here) have prepared for this coming 1/2 season and next year. Let me explain..

When the Isles (or any team actually) are winning, its easy to market the team, get ***** in the seats -- perhaps people are even calling to get STix.

But we all know the Isles are at the opposite end of the spectrum -- WAYYYY at the end of the spectrum. Its not that we don't win --- we aren't even close, and we are a disaster in so many other ways..

anyway..

The game experience has, shall we say, taken a turn the past 10 years. Instead of hockey videos, standings, and other hocked related items, we have sparky, t-shirt shooting, and video games. Basically, the Isles have been adjusting their marketing to get mom and dad to bring the kids in, instead of going right to the hockey fan. I don't think we have much debate there.

Now that we have a new arena, a new location and new hope ( a new CBA as well), players looking for a new team/contract have one less reason to say no to the Isles. What has the Isles marketing team been doing for the past 6 months? Coming up with a new plan? Different angle? A plan to retain their STH?

"NY Islanders, we should be sucking less soon"

I mean, I wasn't a marketing major, but I would think that there is a huge opportunity here. And not just b/c of the new CBA.

Thoughts?

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
"NY Islanders, we should be sucking less soon"

I mean, I wasn't a marketing major, but I would think that there is a huge opportunity here. And not just b/c of the new CBA.

Thoughts?

"We're all Islanders .... except Gary."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad