Pre-Game Talk: Isles @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Just like most of the other top free agents, he'll use our Leafs as a means to garner a better contract from the Isles! Book it!

Fine with me. Any other team paying more for a player (that isn't a comparable - damn Edmonton) is a good thing for us.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I never liked the guy, but what was the point of signing Leivo if he never plays? I mean I am good with him not playing because he really didn't do anything, at all, but now he's taking up a roster spot

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I never liked the guy, but what was the point of signing Leivo if he never plays? I mean I am good with him not playing because he really didn't do anything, at all, but now he's taking up a roster spot
Is there a disconnect between Lou and Mike? Lou signed him, but, Mike won't play him.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he will replace jvr in the lineup next season

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I'll believe it when I actually see it! JvR needs to be traded and not re-signed for this to happen. I can't see Lou letting JvR walk for nothing.
i can. he thinks the leafs are good enough to compete this year so therefore he will keep him

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'll believe it when I actually see it! JvR needs to be traded and not re-signed for this to happen. I can't see Lou letting JvR walk for nothing.

No, Leivo has to prove he can do something, anything for that to happen because in his last stint he didn't score, hit, block shots, PK, fight, win board battles, nothing

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Because A I can't remember the last time he played

B when he did play he did NOTHING didn't score, didn't hit, didn't block ahots, didn't PK, didn't fight, didn't really win board battles

in order to replace JVR Leivo has to do SOMETHING, really he has to score because that is what JVR does, but he has to do SOMETHING in general he does nothing.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Because A I can't remember the last time he played

B when he did play he did NOTHING didn't score, didn't hit, didn't block ahots, didn't PK, didn't fight, didn't really win board battles

in order to replace JVR Leivo has to do SOMETHING, really he has to score because that is what JVR does, but he has to do SOMETHING in general he does nothing.
he played on the 4th line when he was in the lineup last time. hard to get points when you play with moore and brown. he plays on the pp when he's in the lineup and he's a big body net presence. that's essentially what jvr is

Reactions: Dude Wheres Makar

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Yeah, Josh Leivo won't be able to replace even half of JVR's contributions.
If you told me Kapanen will replace most of JVR and Leivo will replace Komarov, I might take it..
Leivo isn't ever going to be a JVR level player.

In my perfect world
JVR(if he had to go) replaced by Kappy
Komarov replaced by Johnsson
Martin replaced by Leivo.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
he played on the 4th line when he was in the lineup last time. hard to get points when you play with moore and brown. he plays on the pp when he's in the lineup and he's a big body net presence. that's essentially what jvr is

OK so you play on the 4th line so maybe you don't get points but like I said he doesn't do anything else either, hit, fight, block ashots PK, win board battles, nothing.

Scoring is 1 part of the game, maybe his linemates prevent him from doing that, I don't believe that because Brown has spent a lot of time on the 4th line but he has 12 goals, so that argument is flawed, but sure I'll go with it for argument's sake.

If your linemates prevent you from scoring then you have to block shots or hit, or fight, or PK, or win board battle he doesn't.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If you told me Kapanen will replace most of JVR and Leivo will replace Komarov, I might take it..

In my perfect world

See I have Kappy replacing Komarov, Kappy is why I am not worried about losing Komarov because I think he will actually prove to be an upgrade

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no he will not I promise you that, I mean JVR might not be here next year but Josh Leivo is not replacing him,
I agree, Leivo is not a worthy replacement for JvR at this point in time. He has proved nothing thus far. To be JvR's heir apparent next season is a little optimistic to say the least.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Rest assured, Leivo will not be playing in this game.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
See I have Kappy replacing Komarov, Kappy is why I am not worried about losing Komarov because I think he will actually prove to be an upgrade
Sure even more perfect..and I have zero problem resigning JVR if he's reasonable.

All about perspective. Either way we're talking about complimentary pieces. I'm so glad we're finally in a day and age where JVR/Komarov are compliments and not crucials .

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

In my perfect world
really? leivo won't ever be a guy that makes a living off of his net presence and nothing else?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
OK so you play on the 4th line so maybe you don't get points but like I said he doesn't do anything else either, hit, fight, block ashots PK, win board battles, nothing.

Scoring is 1 part of the game, maybe his linemates prevent him from doing that, I don't believe that because Brown has spent a lot of time on the 4th line but he has 12 goals, so that argument is flawed, but sure I'll go with it for argument's sake.

If your linemates prevent you from scoring then you have to block shots or hit, or fight, or PK, or win board battle he doesn't.
sounds very familiar to the person he is replacing...

Reactions: stickty111

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's nice that I'm actually excited to see the team play again. The Dallas game was a nice one to let be the last impression during this latest short break.

Hopefully the Leafs can just keep on going. Get some points, see if they can track down the teams ahead of them and keep the teams in their dust....right where they are :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad