Pre-Game Talk: Isles @ Leafs - 11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don't think I've ever seen or heard of someone being hassled for opposing teams/jerseys in Toronto. Just not that type of city or culture at all. I sat next to a guy with a Parise jersey during a Leafs-Devils game two years ago (sucks to have that Jersey now, I suppose :) ) and nobody said a thing to him all game.

Walking around the city is even more friendly. A jersey will elicit some friendly chatter and fun chirping if anything. JT jerseys get support - he's liked and respected in this city. Not sure how a Shawn Bates or Eric Cairns jersey would do though - don't see any around here ;)

Stubhub update:

( Poulin 0n My St1ck - you got a nice deal at $150 )

lower bowl tickets for tonight's "meaningless" mid-week game against the lowly-lottery-Islanders:

BYSFPPv.gif

I want to see JT score a hat-trick, add four assists and take over the NHL scoring race and I want to see it live. It shouldn't cost me $700 for two tickets, parking, food, drink!

Holy Hell...One leafs game is like a partial season ticket plan at the Coli...:amazed:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

You will see an improvement in that line. You won't miss PMB-Nielsen-Bailey passing the puck around the perimeter, miles from the net, or a shot on goal. That was as poorly-constructed line Capuano has ever assembled - and that's saying A LOT.

Bouchard has played better of late (cough, I'd deal him in a SECOND for a #4 dman) but MacDonald works better with Bailey-Nielsen.

I'd probably put Clutterbuck there but MacDonald is the same type.

Giuseppe Franco

Jun 1, 2008
I went to two Isles games at the ACC a couple of years back in full Isles gear and had no issues at all. The only two moments that stick out is one leaf fan lifted up the hood of my hoodie to see who's name was on my jersey (Peca) and I was told it was a sweet jersey. The second time was after the game walking back to my car one drunk girl saw my Tavares jersey and yelled "Tavares f'in sucks" to which the guy she was with told her to be quiet because she has no idea what she was talking about.

I was expecting a whole lot worse because I was walking around Toronto all day with the Isles jersey on and was even drinking at Real Sports across from the ACC before the game and I didn't have a single person come up to me or yell anything rude to me at all. The one leaf fan sitting next to me during the second game I went to was asking me a whole lot of questions about the Isles and Bridgeport. So from my past experiences I would say you shouldn't have any issues at all as long as you aren't the one instigating anything!

I had similar positive experiences. Been to two games in Toronto - one at the ACC and the other at the old MLG. Didn't hear a single negative comment and actually had a few pleasant conversations. I was sitting in pretty good seats both times which may have affected the experience but I also wore my jersey outside the building and throughout the city. It's because of this that I have a hard time holding any kind of animosity towards the Leafs or their fans. Would love to go back one day soon.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Love visiting Toronto. It's a cool city.

The lines are close to what they should be. I'd rathr scratch CMac and play Grabner on line 2

curious what Capuano will do once Vanek is back and Grabner's done his "sentence"

I wouldn't scratch Grabs, even though he's played poorly. Bailey's effort has been worse than Grabners. I find it odd that Capuano would scratch Grabner rather than trying to shift around the lines to get him going. He's not dogging it out there.

Vanek - Tavares - Nelson
Bouchard - Bailey - Okposo
Grabner - Nielsen - Clutterbuck
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald
Regin/Boulton

Keeping the three bolded pairs together, balancing the lines accordingly, seems like something logical - but Capuano hasn't really tried anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad