Proposal: Isles-Kings

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Islanders are not trading with The Kings! Snow will wait to see what happens with teams that have cap issues and still need to sign players and players that filed for arbitration that might have to be dealt.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Los Angeles Receives:

BROCK NELSON, LW, C 2,500,000 2 yrs

ANDERS LEE, LW, C 3,750,000 3 yrs

+1,000,000 salary retained

Islanders Receives:

TYLER TOFFOLI LW, 3,250,000 1 yrs

DEREK FORBORT, D 650,000 2 yrs

Those are both good players but nothing in that offer has me willing to give Toffoli. Further more he is one of the last players I would wanna see moved as he has shown he can score goals at a high rate even in the Kings system. Thanks but no thanks.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
While I can understand the sentiment as a gut reaction regarding my proposals. I feel you are not looking at the whole picture when it comes to the salary cap and or the expansion draft.

Anyway I tried, I would gladly keep any or all of the Isles players mentioned in my proposals.

Since in my understanding, you will have to protect Kopitar and Brown due to their NTC/ NMC, who else would LA protect?

Sir you are wrong on the Brown front. That's one of the things Dean has done a good job with he does not hand out NTC/NMC with every contact like some GM's do. Brown will be exposed so that's a spot for some else.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
i doubt dean would do that He's not giving up his top young player and a defenseman he called the best d not in nhl after one year We already lost 20 goals when lucic left we aren't losing 30 without someone who can score 40 imo

And not many players can score 40 playing LA style hockey.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Agreed. I'm with you on this front.

while Hamonic is elusive with his right handed shot top 4 defense abilities I think finding toffoli a 30 goal scorer in la ubar defensive system is even rarer and thus make him more valuable. Hamonic on la is a 2nd pairing defenseman no matter how you slice it he ain't playing more then drew Top line elite scorers are worth more to me

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
yea, lol at LA trading Toffoli for a couple of middle 6 forwards. Not going to happen. If Toffoli is traded (he won't) it'd be for a top 4 defenseman.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
We don't have to protect brown. It's more likely....

The 3 regular dman and regular goalie and Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Mersch, Gaborik, (some young guy that needs it).

No chance the Kings protect Gaborik. Or Mersch. Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, McNabb, Kopitar, Toffoli, Carter, Pearson, Quick.

member 88115

I don't think he would be with drew. He would be on the 2nd pairing with alec imo. You're not going to pair two right handed defenseman together. Nelson while i'm sure is capable of scoring 20 goals on most teams I would not say he will score 20 in la.I think you're overestimating his impact right away It will be a few years before he get to that point in la We are in a win now mode Toffoli has proven he can score on pp pk and 5 on 5 I don't want or see us giving it up without a overpayment

Kings staple has always been puck possession. Quick stops the puck, Dmen clear net and move the puck up the ice to the Centers. Centers move on offense with smart passes to the wingers or skate it in and not loose the puck. Our big wingers job was to wear the other team down the opposing team on the forecheck. But we got stuck in our zone too many times in our zone because Schenn, Scuderi and McNabb (the last 2/3 of the season) could not play our system (and yes we once had Regehr, but he got to play with Voynov who we no longer have). Our third line Center was a revolving door to where our first two lines had more defensive responsibilities & had very little help from the bottom lines (even though we had the same wingers from our cup runs) to keep the puck possession (momentum) going our way. I don't want to trade Toffoli away, but he is our best chip to fill more important roster spots to where our team system is covered. From Goalies, to Dmen and Centers. Anyhow, it is always great to chat with you KF1976

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Isles should be targeting Carter, Kings won't move Toffoli, nor should they.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Still no I don't think your getting how important Toffoli is to the kings He is a shorthand threat plays on out pp The first 30 goal scorer in 20 years All on a team that struggles to score goals No offense to the player offered None of them are guaranteed to score in las system. Also not giving up any picks as our farm teams need prospects
First 30 goal scorer in 20 years?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Isles should be targeting Carter, Kings won't move Toffoli, nor should they.

With Carter at such s sweet cap hit he would be tough to pry out of LA. If the NYI are looking for offense LA should be the last place they should be looking unless they want someone like Gabby. We don't have a ton of offensive players and don't see us moving any of Kopitar, Carter or Toffoli and the next one near that list is Pearson. Maybe they should look at another team with more forwards that can score cause LA needs the few they have that can.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
the proposals are fair, but LA fans have a bromance with Titty

so no deal until DL decides to trade him for less than what we thought we deserved

cool story?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
No chance the Kings protect Gaborik. Or Mersch. Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, McNabb, Kopitar, Toffoli, Carter, Pearson, Quick.

Unless McNabb has a great year. I don't see him getting protected. Especially if some odd reason someone like Kempe needs to be protected. Also with Gravel and Forbort coming up...it might be fine not to protect him.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Don't even go there, Drivefor5. Toffoli is untouchable. No questions asked.

This only further feeds the notion Dean Lombardi has the unfortunate knack of trading away youth for veterans, a la the late George Steinbrenner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad