Pre-Game Talk: Isles-Flyers 4/25

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Any other Philly area (or hell any NY Metro area since we're only 2 hours away) Isles fans going to be in attendance on Thursday?

Usually I buy tickets to the games here, but lucked out and got a club box suite through a work contact. My father, who's also a huge Isles fan, will be with me.

This could be the playoff clincher depending on what goes down in Raleigh and DC tonight. Would be cool to be there for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I have terrible luck attending sporting events in that city so while I did contemplate going I'm not going to continue my string of bad luck down there.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Start Poulin or give him Buffalo? Would like to see Nelson get a game for Aucoin and maybe see strome or Donovan either in Philly or Buf

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hopefully Philly ices the same team that played Boston, although they won that game the defense basically was Schenn and a bunch of 7th defensemen/AHLers

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why would you concede positioning to give young guys a game? It's unnecessary and could hurt the team. We're only 2 points ahead of the Rags and the Sens, and 1 point behind Toronto as of right now. I'd play to win, and there will be a small break at the end of the regular season.

Last edited:

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Why would you concede positioning to give young guys a game? It's unnecessary and could hurt the team. We're only 2 points ahead of the Rags and the Sense, and 1 point behind Toronto as of right now. I'd play to win, and there will be a small break at the end of the regular season.

sitting guys doesnt mean your playing to lose. This has been a gruelling season, guys are banged up. plus, giving guys an opportunity has value. Dropping 2 bottom men out of your line up isnt the end of the world. Teams have been doing it all year...

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Our last game is Friday. Playoffs start at the earliest on Tuesday. There's your 3 days rest.

Play all the regulars until there's nothing to be gained/lost. At most you give Poulin the Buffalo game.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
sitting guys doesnt mean your playing to lose. This has been a gruelling season, guys are banged up. plus, giving guys an opportunity has value. Dropping 2 bottom men out of your line up isnt the end of the world. Teams have been doing it all year...

Yeah, they've been doing it all year...but guess what time of year they aren't doing it? That's right, at the end, unless of course they are locked in or out of the playoffs.

Dropping two bottom men out is a big deal, and that's why this team is so much better when Reasoner isn't playing. If a replacement can make that much difference for one player, imagine how bad it will be with 2 bottom end guys who are inexperienced playing?

And who do you sit? There is no way to sit guys and not mess up chemistry/not play to lose. By inserting the inexperienced guys, you're conceding.

DktrFaustus

Dec 22, 2011
brooklyn
Why would you concede positioning to give young guys a game? It's unnecessary and could hurt the team. We're only 2 points ahead of the Rags and the Sense, and 1 point behind Toronto as of right now. I'd play to win, and there will be a small break at the end of the regular season.

yeah, i'm really not understanding some posts around here about resting tavares and calling up strome or whatever. this team isn't heading for the golf course next week. we're in the playoffs and still jockeying for crucial positioning. i can see starting poulin for one of the two games, but other than that, ice the current roster. now is not the time to sit pretty.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
play nabby in philly, give poulin the sabres. philly has been playing much better of late and i think it would be a hit to the teams confidence if they were to get destroyed by philly so close to the end of the season. start the goalie who gives you the best chance of winning....not to mention i would REEEEEEALLY like to take that 6th seed and play the caps in the playoffs...i do not want them to play then pens or boston. now that i have playoff tickets i would like to experience at least 1 damn postseason home win lol!

Islanders4life39

Mar 10, 2007
Pennsylvania
I live 20 minutes outside of Philly, I am going with my buddy who is a Flyers fan. We are going to be in section 101! I gotta say it feels good having the bragging rights over my Flyer fan friends here for once! :cheers:

gramatanboy

Aug 2, 2005
Westport

Exactly 100% Right!!! We need to be thinking about winning the next two games and locking in the 6th seed rather than starting Reasoner, Poulin or some Bridgeport guys right now..

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, they've been doing it all year...but guess what time of year they aren't doing it? That's right, at the end, unless of course they are locked in or out of the playoffs.

Dropping two bottom men out is a big deal, and that's why this team is so much better when Reasoner isn't playing. If a replacement can make that much difference for one player, imagine how bad it will be with 2 bottom end guys who are inexperienced playing?

And who do you sit? There is no way to sit guys and not mess up chemistry/not play to lose. By inserting the inexperienced guys, you're conceding.

Id sit joenessu and aucoin. Play nelson and lee/strome. Id look to give donovan a run in place of streit. Not all in one game. Poulin gets Sabres game.

Its really not a huge deal to sit bottom end guys. Nelson could be better then Aucoin. Chemsitry isnt ruined in 1 game. That is ridiculous. How are you conceding by playing inexperienced guys? Strome could very well out perform Joenssu and same with nelson to Aucoin. Great time to get nexts years crops some minutes.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Can the isles please get their pp back on track?

The Leafs are playing the 2nd night, of back to back games.
An Isle win + a Leaf regulation loss and the isles are suddenly sitting in 5th place.

Let's go Isles:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad