Isles FanCave Room, Post Yours

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
What the hell are these German dudes doing in my room!?!?!

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
Wow this room is out of this world! I have no audio, but did they mention how long it took for them to collect all of this memorabilia? I can't imagine they bought all of this stuff at once. I especially love the net under the tv, the hanging banners, the Islanders logo breaking through the "bricks" on the wall, and the grill obviously.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't have a man cave, let alone an Islanders one, but I bust out the rally towels and a few other Isles stuff during the big games (and when they make the playoffs).

Those guys must've spent a fortune on that stuff. 20 hours for an artist to come in and paint the wall? That's stupid pricey, but awesome.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Holy crap!

Honestly, I can't imagine my apartment looking anything like that when it currently looks exactly like a preschool.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Holy crap!

Honestly, I can't imagine my apartment looking anything like that when it currently looks exactly like a preschool.

Yeah, but would you want it to look anything like that? I admire the dedication, but one room as a dedicated Islanders shrine is MORE than enough for me!

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Greatest...
Room...
EVER!

Damn, I wish this dude had this set up when I was stationed in Bavaria from 2005-2008. He woulda been my best friend lol

OMG a freaking Islander Spatula!

Last edited:

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
I am saving a ton of money so that I may build a mancave that looks like this:

awesome-man-caves1.png

Except instead of baseball jerseys, it will be hockey and football jerseys

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I have a bunch of things which I would love to give those guys --- anyway to contact them?

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Bones: I'm pretty sure that YT video was uploaded by him (username is German Islander). If you go to that video on YT by clicking on the title of the video embedded in OP, you can try either leaving a comment on the video, or going to the discussion page and starting a discussion to let them know you want to contact them.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I never really got into stuff like this. Never saw the big deal with autographs, hockey sticks that you can't use, etc.

Just give me a big TV so I can watch some hockey in my mancave. That's all I need.

Pretty awesome that they love the team that much though.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Bones: I'm pretty sure that YT video was uploaded by him (username is German Islander). If you go to that video on YT by clicking on the title of the video embedded in OP, you can try either leaving a comment on the video, or going to the discussion page and starting a discussion to let them know you want to contact them.

Yea -- ya gotta sign in with a gmail account or the like--- ugh. so tired of signing up for this crap. I just wanna send these guys some stuff which would be perfect for their room.

Anyone have any active account and want to tell them to email me? Ill pm ya my personal email.

(and you'd be doing a good deed too)

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I have around 10 framed autographed pics of meaningful islander players/moments hanging in my home office.

Bossyfan71

Lets Go Islanders!
Oct 29, 2012
The Bronx
Having a man cave to show off my Yankees, Jets, Knicks and Islander stuff is the big dream. I will have it one day.

Mike

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Not even close to the above video, my small and basic man cave.

Stick on wall is Potvin’s, game used from 1988. Entire team signed it – yes, even Roger Kortko and Ari Haanpaaa.

Below the stick is an autographed Oleg Kvasha plaque during his tenure with Florida. It was purchased for me by my brother in law years ago as a gag gift. I’m something similar for Bailey is enroute.

Below that is my amp. Below TV is 12 string acoustic which I haven’t played in quite a while. Electric on the left is a 1997 Fender American Standard.

Picture on the left is the “Rivalry†picture which I’m sure you can get on the internet.

TV = $600 50†plasma from PC Richard (I'm not a TV guy). Huge improvement from the 35" conventional TV from last year.. :)

Basic 5.1 surround with blueray.

PS. A really acute observer will note a Penthouse next to the 12 string. Unopened, Anna Kournikova issue. I think it wasn’t really her, and I recall a lawsuit? Hoping its worth $$? LOL

Last edited:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Yea -- ya gotta sign in with a gmail account or the like--- ugh. so tired of signing up for this crap. I just wanna send these guys some stuff which would be perfect for their room.

Anyone have any active account and want to tell them to email me? Ill pm ya my personal email.

(and you'd be doing a good deed too)

Not sure if you can PM a youtube user though. At least I'm not sure how to. Otherwise I'd do it for you

BroadwayJay*

When my wife is not going to be home on an Isles game night, I have a bit of a ritual.

It begins with a massive steak. Here is a picture of one such steak, prior to cooking, from last season:

Q3scwUq.jpg

I make a pile of roasted vegetables and some type of starch to go with it. I always follow it up with a pan sauce, made with either bourbon or cognac.

I pour myself a bloody mary, my favorite drink.

I have a 50" tv, which is perfectly acceptable for the job, and I put on the pre-game for the Isles.

I will gaze out the window and relax while waiting for the game to begin. This is the evening time view from my window:

3UcH6h8.jpg

I will turn off my phone and simultaneously stream from my tablet when the game begins, I won't make any move but to pour another drink.

I leave the leftovers for my wife so she has some food to eat when she gets home, and also to distract her from hassling me during the game.

Also, I eat from the couch during game nights which I normally never do.

Not exactly fan-cave, but my own equivalent.

Just got back from my vacation. Did I miss anything? Doesn't look like it.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Welcome back, Jay.

This thread happened.

Also this and this site now exist. Both of which are filling the hole left by es.

And this article is great IMO.

Nice ritual BTW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad