NYI - Couturier
FLA - Strome

That's how I'd see it.

Tavares
Couturier
Nelson
Cizikas

That's some sick center depth.

Nielsen stays as the #3 center. Couturier would likely move to the #2 spot, and Bailey would likely be moved to left wing. Nelson is a few years away, and Cizikas is atleast two years away in my opinion.

malkovsby

Sep 4, 2009
BC
Snow's not looking for 2-3 pieces in a package,in exchange for his high lottery pick.He'll want a high end youngster.What young,potential 1st line forward or young,potential top pairing defenseman can the Pens offer?

they could offer despres + if need be, hes almost NHL ready, has a good offensive and defensive skillset, size and mobility..just because a pick is in the top ten doesn't mean a team wont move it to fill another more pressing need. especially if the player they want isnt available.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
they could offer despres + if need be, hes almost NHL ready, has a good offensive and defensive skillset, size and mobility..just because a pick is in the top ten doesn't mean a team wont move it to fill another more pressing need. especially if the player they want isnt available.

In the last 2 drafts,Snow's gone in with a high lottery pick and extra picks.He'll do the same this draft.In the 2009 and 2010 drafts,he used his lottery pick and then packaged his high 2nd rounder with other picks, to move back into the first round for another prospect.I think we are more likely to see this scenerio, then see Snow deal out out from the 4th/5th spot to a late 1st+.

As for Despres..I have no idea how high Snow and his scouts would be on the kid.Whether they'd value him over the prospects still on the board, when the isles pick.The team does seem to be pleased with the way MacDonald,Hamonic,De Haan and Donovan are developing,so I don't know if they'd consider adding another blueline prospect to be a 'pressing need'.

Oroku Saki*

They might go for a center, I don't see Josh Bailey as a long term 2C. I think he gets moved to wing.

malkovsby

Sep 4, 2009
BC
They might go for a center, I don't see Josh Bailey as a long term 2C. I think he gets moved to wing.

isnt bailey the 3C, with neilsen centering grabner and okposo on the second line right now. that line has looked good this season, which has me thinking if they do pick a center such as couturier will they have him taking over 3C center duties, move bailey to wing and then play the wait and see game..if couturier handles an offensive load he becomes the #2, if not they have a defensively reliable 3C ala Staal

but i predict they go D, interesting to see who they covet come draft time..the islanders are always one of the most interesting teams to watch at the podium

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad