Pre-Game Talk: Isles at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
I'm more surprised so many posters are SURPRISED that Keefe's going with Hutch.

Maybe he thinks and believes the 'real Hutch' is the one who played the last 2 games, not the 'other' one.

It's so non-Babcock like, isn't it?

I don't think anyone is surprised, they just realize how bad of a move this is, the last 2 games hutch beat the 2 worst teams in the league and he barely won the last game.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Bad move unless Freddie asked for rest.

You never know how standings are going to shake out.

We are only 2 pts behind the isles (despite games at hand). They look like a division leader but could end up in a fight for wild card.

play hutch exclusively against western teams and. Bottom feeders like Detroit and jersey.

If Fred is healthy this is a bad move

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
They are being carried by elite goaltending. Lehner got sober and finally reached his potential and was a god for them last year and Greiss has been one of the better back-ups/1B tenders in the league for a while now. And now Varlamov is having a renaissance year as well, the change of scenery and having a good tandem/backup goalie has really helped him. It's nice that they won a few first round match-ups but I don't ever see them going deep unless they inject some serious talent into the line-up.
Well said.

it is hard not to bear animosity towards Islander fans for their treatment of Tavares since he left, but imagine if in a few years Matthews left us for his hometown Coyotes. How difficult it would be to stomach that? Even worse, what if he gave such assurances he was staying wth us, but left at the first opportunity?

I realize their are some fans there that are animals and take it to far, but I certainly empathize and bear no ill will to their organization. It especially makes no sense for me to transpose any ill will by their fringe fanatical fans onto the Islander team itself.

I have enormous respect for Barry Trotz, I have read articles on his coaching strategies, he is all about team structure, discipline. Look what he’s done without big name talent! And it is obvious that they have some leading edge advantage with their development of goalies. Maybe it’s one goalie coach that is the genius, not sure. Any doubt about this was dispelled with the departure of Lehner and the seamless transition to Varlamov.

so I expect a difficult match tonight against a quality opponent. Often it’s the bland steady and consistent no name team that is the toughest for our talented flamboyant young crew. Especially without Muzzin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad