Pre-Game Talk: Isles at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The refs aren't calling a single penalty are they?

This will most likely be the first penalty...

clutch and grab style from the Isles... leading to the Leafs getting a bullshit retaliatory penalty called on them that is really soft.

Then if we're lucky... the classic make up call for a Leafs powerplay.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
This will most likely be the first penalty...

clutch and grab style from the Isles... leading to the Leafs getting a bull**** retaliatory penalty called on them that is really soft.

Then if we're lucky... the classic make up call for a Leafs powerplay.
totally gonna happen
im not even kidding
the bullshit officiating vs bruins vs isles or even vs blues
happens every f***ing time

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Not sure of this

I don't think this is the game I'd be throwing him in... Saturday at home.

Maybe Andy is getting tired out... hopefully he hasn't tweaked something.

That changes the defence from just having to play decent... to pretty damn good.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hutch has been alright the past two starts.

This is a good test for him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Have to give him a non back to back start some day. I'm okay with this.

If he struggles though... It might be game over.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Isles will play more like the Wild. Leafs were fine, just ignore the bull and play your game.
Komorov will try to score with his butt in Freddy's face
4th line will pull some dirty tricks, but just have to play through that stuff.

If Marchment plays, it will be a chance for him to show he can initiate/respond without taking a bad penalty-play smart

Isles are well coached and have decent depth on 3 lines..only one "super star", but Lee-
Bailey-Nelson-Beauvilluer-Brassard- can all put the puck in the net.

After a great start they are back to reality since Nov..barely over .500

Leafs just need to keep doing what they have been doing...score first...put pressure on the other team early then take advantage of their mistakes.

oops...just saw Hutch was playing....were cooked.

Reactions: nuck and 666

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Freddy needs more rest.

Now that our playoff position isn't as dire as it was a month ago, we have to remember the goal is to win a Cup. A more rested Freddy is the biggest thing we can do ahead of time to prepare for the playoffs.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Going to have to score 12 tonight with Hutch in net

Scary thing is we're capable of doing it

Reactions: Nooodles

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
This seems like a really bad idea.

I want to beat the Islanders so badly and get Jt a big win against them.

Also sick of seeing Hutch on Saturday night.

ugh.. might skip this one.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
This is the downside of Freddy making the all-star game. He's gotta get some rest in somewhere and that's not going to be the all-star break.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I like how in every other teams GDT that we play against, they proclaim how we are "as soft as butter" and all they have to do is come out hitting. Is this some kind of league secret that only their team knows about? Do they not realize that we have lost only 1 game in the last 10?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Why would we start our backup at home, on Saturday against a strong team? What is this bullshiat? Why does our backup almost always play the Islanders.

If he doesn’t either win, or he lets in more than three goals, Dubas better pack his bags for him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hutch still sucks and I would hope to never see him again for the Leafs. But Andersen needs some rest so I get it

Yeah and to be honest the Isles aren't exactly a talented bunch but a super hard working one. A healthy Leafs team + Hutch should still be able to keep it a close game even if he gives up soft goals.

This game allows us to see him with a rested team in front of him and he's gotten a bit of confidence now. We have some breathing room as well so we aren't going into every game needing to win or fall behind.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I have no faith in Hutch. Hope I’m wrong. We still need a competent backup. If he’s terrible tonight it better be his last game.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
What a stupid decision even if it works out and he miraculously wins tonight, what a stupid decision. Hutch beats the wings and barely beats the devils and suddenly they think he is good enough to play against a much better team, i had their chances of winning this game at 50/50 with freddy, now i give them a 1 percent chance.

Unless freddy is hurting this makes no sense.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hutch playing is surprising but I'm sure there's a good reason for it. Hopefully it's not Andersen being injured and it's just that he really needs a rest.

How cool it is to have a coach who I have 100% faith in so that I don't even think about second guessing his decisions. And how sweet would it be to take out one of the top teams in the league and one who we've had trouble with recently with our back up in net!

Hutch has been good last couple of games, that could be the real Hutch so have some faith guys.

And to the guy who said he'd skip this one - this is the biggest game of the year so far, are you nuts??

Huge game tonight. Go Leafs Go!!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Why would we start our backup at home, on Saturday against a strong team? What is this bullshiat? Why does our backup almost always play the Islanders.

If he doesn’t either win, or he lets in more than three goals, Dubas better pack his bags for him.

Hmm, my lucky marner T is in the wash. I got it about 12 games ago and it's only lost 1?

I don't think Hutchinson needs it though, time for a great game from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad