GDT: Isles at CBJ - The St. Valentine's Day Massacre Edition

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Another **** effort, and Tirts will have no answers in the postgame . It’s like he learned nothing from our playoff loss last year .

I don't think Tort can really say anything other than "we have to put this behind us". Tonight's game was the polar opposite of the win vs. the Caps; going from really feel good strong win after a 3-win road trip to being dominated at home in every way.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Here's what I'd like to see at the next practice:

Unnamed media person: Torts... Riley Nash, WTF?

Then everyone just corners him and stares, not letting him leave until he explains.

Reactions: CPTN71

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
If somebody told you it would be 2/14/2019 and the CBJ free agent acquisition of last year would have 1 goal and Wennberg has two goals, would you guess the team would be in a playoff spot?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
If somebody told you it would be 2/14/2019 and the CBJ free agent acquisition of last year would have 1 goal and Wennberg has two goals, would you guess the team would be in a playoff spot?

Crazy point, you are correct. BUT to be fair to the thread, Wennberg actually played a solid game tonight.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Beat the Capitals 3-0 and then lose to the Islanders 3-0.

That's what the Elves would call "Justice of the Unicorn."

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
It does if you want to actually get in the playoffs, which is pretty unlikely with this team and the drama, as well as the schedule ahead.

(And no this isn’t an overreaction because they’re finally losing a game, I’ve been saying this for a while)
Would you like to bet on if this team makes the playoffs or not? Contingent on Bob and Bread staying in Columbus, there is no way they don't get a playoff spot. The teams below them are not actually good. You are basically saying you are afraid of Carolina, Buffalo and Philadelphia. Which is ridiculous.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
They had 2 days off after Vegas and came out and played well on Tuesday. They were given Wednesday off as a reward and then show up like this on Thursday.

That worked out well.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Would you like to bet on if this team makes the playoffs or not? Contingent on Bob and Bread staying in Columbus, there is no way they don't get a playoff spot. The teams below them are not actually good. You are basically saying you are afraid of Carolina, Buffalo and Philadelphia. Which is ridiculous.

Absolutely will take the bet. However no contingencies. Are they making it or not?

Carolina is a better team if they had a better goalie. Even with that fact, they probably make it in over us due to schedule. Buffalo isn’t, but they aren’t surrounded by drama. Philly is probably out of time. But they’re better than us.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Carolina absolutely could pass us. Remember we made the playoffs by one point last year and were nearly caught by Florida of all teams, who wasn’t even close at this point last year.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I feel bad for the fans who spent hard earned money to watch CBJ crap at home... I've seen this before but shutout at home is bad... Total bullshit!!! sorry,

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
The CBJ have to perform better than a lot of really good teams to even make the playoffs. I'll take the bet they will; just barely then probably get crushed by the team that ends up winning the cup (lose to cup winner hat trick).

Carolina has performed well with former CBJ McBackup and McMrazek and have a realistic chance of matching or passing us in the east/metro ... That makes discussions about Korpisalo and his ability to lead if/when Bob leaves kind of , ... weird... ???

I know it will never happen but how frakked would it be to exit round 1 to Carolina with McBackup?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The game in a quick synopsis:

The Islanders played an absolutely perfect road game. Sticks in the lanes, blocked shots, hard hits, protect the net, capitalize on their few chances. What amazed me is that, if you go back and watch the replays, they would simply hold off, hold, hold, then when someone would go to shoot, bam stick in the lane. So many shots deflected over the net.

The Jackets weren't all that terrible, aside from a few turnovers - which ultimately led to the goals. They could have done a better job making it tough on Greiss, but I don't think the Isles did anything special. They just played boring hockey. We tried to do too much.

3-0 is the result.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Casey Czikas killed a man and he's on the verge of getting a hat trick.

It's not fair

Isles fan here in peace to get your fanbases outlook but that quote is not fair. You should really check out the facts of the case before throwing dirt on the mans name

"it was noted by physicians that two weeks prior to the battle with Cizikas, Castillo suffered a major concussion. One doctor testified that Castillo's concussion was severe enough that it should have kept him out of competition with physical contact for a full year."

The kids family chalked it up to an accident and did not want to ruin Czikas life. Anyway, best of luck moving forward - Seth Jones and Werenski are great pieces to build around.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Isles fan here in peace to get your fanbases outlook but that quote is not fair. You should really check out the facts of the case before throwing dirt on the mans name

"it was noted by physicians that two weeks prior to the battle with Cizikas, Castillo suffered a major concussion. One doctor testified that Castillo's concussion was severe enough that it should have kept him out of competition with physical contact for a full year."

The kids family chalked it up to an accident and did not want to ruin Czikas life. Anyway, best of luck moving forward - Seth Jones and Werenski are great pieces to build around.

You are correct, that comment was unfair. Good luck moving forward, though I hate watching you guys play.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The CBJ have to perform better than a lot of really good teams to even make the playoffs. I'll take the bet they will; just barely then probably get crushed by the team that ends up winning the cup (lose to cup winner hat trick).

Carolina has performed well with former CBJ McBackup and McMrazek and have a realistic chance of matching or passing us in the east/metro ... That makes discussions about Korpisalo and his ability to lead if/when Bob leaves kind of , ... weird... ???

I know it will never happen but how frakked would it be to exit round 1 to Carolina with McBackup?

If Carolina makes it in, they will suffer a similar fate to that of the Flyers last year, and see their goaltending get absolutely picked apart. Just a hunch.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The game in a quick synopsis:

The Islanders played an absolutely perfect road game. Sticks in the lanes, blocked shots, hard hits, protect the net, capitalize on their few chances. What amazed me is that, if you go back and watch the replays, they would simply hold off, hold, hold, then when someone would go to shoot, bam stick in the lane. So many shots deflected over the net.

The Jackets weren't all that terrible, aside from a few turnovers - which ultimately led to the goals. They could have done a better job making it tough on Greiss, but I don't think the Isles did anything special. They just played boring hockey. We tried to do too much.

3-0 is the result.
Three goals in the net???? I guess that's normal???? What's normal is stopping three goals in the net..... come on Jacket Fans.... be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad