GDT: Isles (4) - Pens (1) - Game 5 (series tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Pierre highlighting Geno's importance. I think that's way off. All Geno needs to do is not be a liability at ES and be an asset on the PP. That's it. He doesn't need big minutes, he doesn't have to do everything at ES. He just has to make sure he's not taking penalties due to fatigue/injury, laziness or just frustration, and he has to utilize his shot and passing on the PP.

The big factors at ES are all still on Sid's line. Jake's a headcase, Rust looks like shit, and Sid's offensive potential has taken a huge hit (as if it was anything significant in the past several trips to the post season) with his transition to a more defensively responsible style in this series.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
NBC with the kind of quality analysis we count on. Apparently Malkin lost his mind last game. After watching him for many years, he did not lose his mind not even close. Third penalty was a dive.
they should be ashamed. everyone know what it looks like when malkin loses his mind and three penalties ain’t that

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Pierre highlighting Geno's importance. I think that's way off. All Geno needs to do is not be a liability at ES and be an asset on the PP. That's it. He doesn't need big minutes, he doesn't have to do everything at ES. He just has to make sure he's not taking penalties due to fatigue/injury, laziness or just frustration, and he has to utilize his shot and passing on the PP.

The big factors at ES are all still on Sid's line. Jake's a headcase, Rust looks like shit, and Sid's offensive potential has taken a huge hit (as if it was anything significant in the past several trips to the post season) with his transition to a more defensively responsible style in this series.

If Sid’s line doesn’t start scoring, we’re gonna need him to be more than that unfortunately.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
NBC with the kind of quality analysis we count on. Apparently Malkin lost his mind last game. After watching him for many years, he did not lose his mind not even close. Third penalty was a dive.
NBC mentions Jarry's glove hand 11 billion times a game. Even on perfect shots that were screened or lucky shot, or when left out to dry, or when positioning is why he missed it and not the actual hand. Once they have a narative, they really hammer it home, even when it isn't called for.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pierre is on this broadcast...I’m gonna have to mute before my blood pressure raises 30 points...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If this team can't help but get drawn into the extra shit after whistles, or take the bait when the Isles are trying to get under their skin, I can't f***ing wait to see them play the Bruins if we make it out of the 1st round. :laugh:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I can't stand the "top line is the best in hockey" shilling done by Errey and Mears.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010

The geniuses on NBC said the last time that Malkin is better when he is angry. Make up your mind, fools. :)

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
So trueee

I feel like if a tall girl makes serving her strength than she has a massive advantage in the WTA. They lose service like 40%+ of the time.

Yeah definitly, but less so on clay. Womens tennis is just way closer to 100% of power most of the time so it's less tactical in a way and also leads to more mistakes being made just due to the nature of playing close to your full strength. Thats why you have a lot of hit or miss players being really good for a short period of time and then just being meh again. Thats what made Serena so great, she was able to be really consistent despite playing close to 100% of her strength (and obviously she had a lot strength)
And naturally serving isn't as big of an advantage because it's easier to return. If you can have a powerful and consistent serve that gives you a few free points, thats already a huge advantage in itself compared to many other players on the WTA tour.

But thats probably not something for the GDT :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

That would be true about Geno if the rest of the team were as good as some people think.

Whatever. Sully isn't gonna mix anything up. He isn't gonna try to leverage last change. It is what it is.

The Pens can still win this, because the Islanders aren't a good team, but as @Ragamuffin Gunner said, this best of three is about who gets the honor of being curb stomped by the Bruins.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If Sid’s line doesn’t start scoring, we’re gonna need him to be more than that unfortunately.
Well yeah, I mean, ideally. But in reality, Geno's skating has taken a huge hit and he simply can't do what he needs to at ES to beat an Isles team that's gonna be leaning on him all game and muddying up the neutral zone. He should probably be at home right now resting up after knee surgery, or starting rehab to aim to be ready for camp/pre-season. He's got no pop, no acceleration, and his stopping and starting are nonexistent. I don't know if his knee is still f***ed up or if he's simply tentative coming back from injury, but he ain't right.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Sully was last change, puts L1 out against their L4. This is why Sully needs fired. He simply will not make any adjustments whatsoever

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
That would be true about Geno if the rest of the team were as good as some people think.

Whatever. Sully isn't gonna mix anything up. He isn't gonna try to leverage last change. It is what it is.

The Pens can still win this, because the Islanders aren't a good team, but as @Ragamuffin Gunner said, this best of three is about who gets the honor of being curb stomped by the Bruins.
The Pittsburgh James Neals.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->