GDT: Isles (4) - Pens (1) - Game 5 (series tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
This thread is literally miserable because of all this. I was in a pretty good mood, now I want to cut my eyes out and drive.

Go Pens

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Andy enters into the land of pessimism so we all don’t have to search for it ourselves.

The hero we need but not the one we deserve.

Reactions: Andy99

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I would love to see someone on that first line try to beat a defender. I think this whole "patience" Sullivan is preaching makes sense but players are taking it too far. I can't think of a time when Sid tried to get around a guy and take it to the net this series.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's like 35 degrees cooler than it was yesterday. I don't really give a shit what happens in the game, I'm happy.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This thread is literally miserable because of all this. I was in a pretty good mood, now I want to cut my eyes out and drive.

Go Pens
Here here! I'm not an overly optimistic person necessarily, but this level of strife or anguish is ridiculous. We have a very good chance to win this series. I don't know if there's a more miserable fan base out there. Particularly if you take into account the success this franchise has enjoyed in the not so distant past. Granted we need better from some players but we're not the Leafs or the Browns for crying out loud! We've actually won championships more recently than 50 years ago!

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Here here! I'm not an overly optimistic person necessarily, but this level of strife or anguish is ridiculous. We have a very good chance to win this series. I don't know if there's a more miserable fan base out there. Particularly if you take into account the success this franchise has enjoyed in the not so distant past. Granted we need better from some players but we're not the Leafs or the Browns for crying out loud!

I am actually a Browns fan. lol

I know it doesn't make sense. And yes I agree!

Reactions: Ryder71

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Can't be lethargic out of the gates like game 4. Have purpose in what you are doing, get pucks on net, win puck battles, win some flippin' draws, don't get caught up in scrums, and ffs get an early goal and build on it.

VNgcvFy.gif

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Okay since my favorite soccer team had an all or nothing game on Saturday I cant really remember anything from Game 4 (or like everything past 6pm for that matter). The last game I saw when I wasn't completely blacked out was a good one, so lets repeat that today. We got this, believe guys!!

ALSO GERMANY BEAT CANADA TAKE THAT HAH :P
This is a tough year for me sports-wise.

The Pens may have their last chance during the Crosby/Malkin window, and are playing an opponent they should beat. Should win at least a round or it's a failure.

A national hero has emerged for my country on the tennis circuit. Iga Swiatek. 19 years old. She won Roland Garros last year and people are looking for big things from her at these next 3 Grand Slams. She starts in a week.

And then there's the Euros. This is Poland's best shot to do any damage in my lifetime. They have Spain in their group though.
Lewandowski just had a historic season in the Bundesliga (German league). He's arguably the best player in the tournament, and this may be his last appearance for Poland on the international stage in Euros/World Cup. Poland have to get through the group at least.

Just a lot of stress and expectations. Results, results, results.
I guess it's better than following losing teams/players though...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If Jake doesn't have a good game someone better get the coach from Letterkenny to kick a garbage can and scream "f***IN' EMBARRASSING" at the dude before walking out of the lockerroom.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
This is a tough year for me sports-wise.

The Pens may have their last chance during the Crosby/Malkin window, and are playing an opponent they should beat. Should win at least a round or it's a failure.

A national hero has emerged for my country on the tennis circuit. Iga Swiatek. 19 years old. She won Roland Garros last year and people are looking for big things from her at these next 3 Grand Slams. She starts in a week.

And then there's the Euros. This is Poland's best shot to do any damage in my lifetime. They have Spain in their group though.
Lewandowski just had a historic season in the Bundesliga (German league). He's arguably the best player in the tournament, and this may be his last appearance for Poland on the international stage in Euros/World Cup. Poland have to get through the group at least.

Just a lot of stress and expectations. Results, results, results.
I guess it's better than following losing teams/players though...

My favorite team (FC Cologne) is playing in relegation against Kiel on Wednesday/Saturday. Thats stressfull. Not winning a 4th cup would suck, but 3 is pretty decent.

And well as someone who played tennis on a pretty high level and loves the sport, womens tennis is just impossible to predict. Even more so on clay :D

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
My favorite team (FC Cologne) is playing in relegation against Kiel on Wednesday/Saturday. Thats stressfull. Not winning a 4th cup would suck, but 3 is pretty decent.

And well as someone who played tennis on a pretty high level and loves the sport, womens tennis is just impossible to predict. Even more so on clay :D
So trueee

I feel like if a tall girl makes serving her strength than she has a massive advantage in the WTA. They lose service like 40%+ of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad