GDT: Isles (4) - Pens (1) - Game 5 (series tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sid needs to press more offensively, even if it results in a worse defensive effort. Jake's gotta get his head out of his ass and stop the tantrums and bitching and whacking at guys with his stick--and actually try to be a threat offensively for once. Rust needs to simply things; even if he's not producing, which he's not, he has to be way better defensively and at puck retrievals. Sully has to keep Sid's line away from the Isles top d-pairing. An important change would be swapping Jake for Carter and Rust for Kapanen on the top PP unit. Kap's hustle is important for beating guys out and getting to pucks, and Carter's not only a RH shot, but has the hottest hand on the team for weeks. Since Geno's maimed, his entire effectiveness will probably come on the PP, so we need that top unit in the best spot it can get and to be clutch. Between our lack of discipline, fatigue/laziness, and the way playoff games are officiated, we probably won't have a ton of chances on the PP, so we gotta make them count. That starts with getting Jake and Rust off the top unit and putting Carter and Kap in their respective spots.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jarry has played pretty well since game 1. He can't stop random bounces off Ceci's skate that go through his legs (happened twice). One was an errant shot that would have missed by more than a meter, and the other was a centering pass that took a 90 degree swerve.

He can't prevent Letang from throwing an Islander on him and he can't telepathically control Blueger, preventing him from scoring on his own net on a rebound.

His glove needs to be better. Apart from that I got no issues.
Oh for sure. It's not all on him, but still, giving up four goals a game in any form or fashion is unacceptable. We need to be better in front of him. And he needs to not be so deep in the net. In any case we need to keep the goals down.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I have been around a long long long time and I don't remember this much dread in a 2-2 series since the early 80's. Granted, we didn't have the internet then, but we did have talk radio and such. I think the Panic is a bit premature. I understand some modicum of concern or trepidation, but this is kinda silly at this point. This level of angst should be reserved for after the series if we lose. But IT appears as though some want to get a head start on it. I guess some like to embrace misery and marinate in it even if things currently aren't that dire.
Honestly, the Internet has fundamentally changed how we communicate and even think about, well, just about everything. Including sports. I don't think it's comparable.

This board is miserable because we've been ousted early in 3 straight seasons but holy shit. We've won 3 cups with this core. Let's loosen up and enjoy the show.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
This board is miserable because we've been ousted early in 3 straight seasons but holy shit. We've won 3 cups with this core. Let's loosen up and enjoy the show.

We should all pitch in for a Rick Flair cameo if they make it past the Isles. :laugh:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Honestly, the Internet has fundamentally changed how we communicate and even think about, well, just about everything. Including sports. I don't think it's comparable.

I agree, we're better off than most and have been for the past 30 years never mind the last 10 or 15. Not enough people apparently embrace or even understand that.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have no idea if anyone is doing a GDT. If it turns out that somebody is, then we can close this one. This one didn't take much time. :nod:

Yeah, I have been dropping the ball lately. Just too busy and tired.

Thank you!!!!

Pj4noOa.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Regarding the success of the core and watching playoff games post B2B cups.

I don't care if they lose. But I still do care HOW they lose.

I mean I care that they lose but realize they’re not likely to get to the SCF. I really hate the perimeter, zero intensity PO hockey

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Okay since my favorite soccer team had an all or nothing game on Saturday I cant really remember anything from Game 4 (or like everything past 6pm for that matter). The last game I saw when I wasn't completely blacked out was a good one, so lets repeat that today. We got this, believe guys!!

ALSO GERMANY BEAT CANADA TAKE THAT HAH :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad