GDT: Isles (4) - Pens (1) - Game 5 (series tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
INFO
First Round
May 24, 2021 7:00 PM EST
PPG Paints Arena
ATTSN-PT, MSG, MSG+

SERIES
Game 1
: 4-3 OT Islanders
Game 2: 2-1 Penguins
Game 3: 5-4 Penguins
Game 4: 4-1 Islanders

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

STARTING LINEUPS
(provided by Daily Faceoff)

:isles
Komarov - Barzal - Eberle
Beauvillier - Nelson - Bailey
Palmieri - Pageau - Wahlstrom
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Pelech - Pulock
Leddy - Mayfield
Greene - Dobson

:pens
Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Malkin - Kapanen
McCann - Carter - Gaudreau
Aston-Reese - Blueger - Tanev

Dumoulin - Letang
Matheson - Ceci
Pettersson - Marino

GAMEDAY TUNES

Last edited:

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
Kind of nervous about this game. Just have to hope they bring their discipline tonight and cut it out with the stupid penalties. If they can do that and have some patience with the puck in the offensive zone I like their chances.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Whether it burns us or not, Sid's gotta forsake some of his defensive effort for a more dangerous offensive style. Jake's head isn't in it, Rust is a shitshow. So it's up to Sid, if he's still got it. Geno's leg is a mess so his main contribution is gonna be on the PP. Zucker's nothing, McCann's worse. Kap hustles, but unless he's flying the zone for odd man rushes/breakaways, he hasn't been much of a threat at all offensively.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I look forward to a Pens victory tonight. Feel very good about our chances.

Let's Go Pens!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
considering they were the lowest scoring team in the NHL this season, or one of them, it doesn’t say much for our goaltending/ defense....
And yet the series is tied at two. Jarry clearly has to be better. Sids line clearly has to be better. I expect both to be better tonight.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I have been around a long long long time and I don't remember this much dread in a 2-2 series since the early 80's. Granted, we didn't have the internet then, but we did have talk radio and such. I think the Panic is a bit premature. I understand some modicum of concern or trepidation, but this is kinda silly at this point. This level of angst should be reserved for after the series if we lose. But IT appears as though some want to get a head start on it. I guess some like to embrace misery and marinate in it even if things currently aren't that dire.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I just realized... they have scored 4 goals in 3 of the 4 games.

Yikes.

Just goes to show what kind of "defense" we're playing when a team that's inept at scoring goals has zero problems scoring goals against us.

One thing that has to change: Cut down on the high danger chances against. We're out-shooting/out-attempting the Isles in practically every single category (CF, FF, SF, scoring chances for) *except* high danger chances, which they lead.

Kind of suggests that they're doing a better job of penetrating the danger areas to get their chances, while most of ours are on the perimeter.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
And yet the series is tied at two. Jarry clearly has to be better. Sids line clearly has to be better. I expect both to be better tonight.
Jarry has played pretty well since game 1. He can't stop random bounces off Ceci's skate that go through his legs (happened twice). One was an errant shot that would have missed by more than a meter, and the other was a centering pass that took a 90 degree swerve.

He can't prevent Letang from throwing an Islander on him and he can't telepathically control Blueger, preventing him from scoring on his own net on a rebound.

His glove needs to be better. Apart from that I got no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->