Post-Game Talk: Islanders vs Devils. Last reg season game at The Barn again. W 5-1

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Been close to two decades since I've been to the coliseum, but the memories are still fresh in my brain. Whilst my chance to see a game at the new barn may never happen (sure gonna try) my Islanders home will always be Fort Neverlose

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Yep, goaltending has been much improved since last postseason. That gives me faith in the postseason; goaltending can win a series, though I'm not convinced these two are *that good. They'll give you a good chance to win though.
In position to win the Jennings again. Currently tied in GA/g, Vegas has allowed 2 fewer goals, and they have 2 games left (including the top scoring team in the league).

Last edited:
Reactions: BelovedIsles

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
and the "what if we won out" update.....well, add 6 points to our 70 and we would now be alone in second, and with a win against Boston, take over first.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Some of you guys must have amazing memories of the Coli. Shame more of you couldn't be there last night.

Reactions: MJF

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Big win and it looks like there wasn't a lot of crying (from the usual handful of suspects) in this thread. Two positives, although I am sure the whiners will return soon enough.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
May have had too much indica and passed out before this game.

We won so, cool? Doesn't do anything but calm the nerves of the jump posters. Still waiting for Game 1.

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
Been close to two decades since I've been to the coliseum, but the memories are still fresh in my brain. Whilst my chance to see a game at the new barn may never happen (sure gonna try) my Islanders home will always be Fort Neverlose

I have season seats. If you're in the area all the way from S Korea I'll gladly take you along. (Must suffer my Bailey jersey though)

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I have season seats. If you're in the area all the way from S Korea I'll gladly take you along. (Must suffer my Bailey jersey though)

Super kind of you man! I'm hoping someday I'll be able to make the trek. My wife sure wants to see NYC, so hopefully I can plan around it some time. And I wouldn't suffer any Bailey jersey issues. PK made me a believer several years ago. It's been ages since I used the nickname I coined, "Failey". He's been a great team guy for us and always stayed around loyally with reasonable contracts. He's one of the most deserving guys as far as toiling away and deserving a cup. Hope we can get him one!

Reactions: PK Cronin

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Aren’t you whining about the cryers?

Nope, I am happy and simply pointing out the noticeable absence of, peacefulness and general pleasure of not having the end is near crowd out in force. Regurgitating the same garbage. Why, do you miss the whiners and criers?

Last edited:
Reactions: MYIslanders

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Leo did make defensive plays to spur the offense. LW is his spot, here's hoping he gives it his all, e.g. to create turnovers and actually shoot when he's in the slot.
He may not be a great talent, but I think one thing you can count on is Leo giving his all, every shift, every game.

I thought the most impressive thing he did last night was actually catch Hughes when he got by Dobson.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Solid game throughout. A few lapses here and there but much better pace from the team tonight. Zajac on the fourth line is more than acceptable. He turned that line from a hitting line into a shut down line. We're pretty deep if injuries strike our bottom 6 and we're totally f***ed if our top 6 gets banged up at all.

Sorokin has finished the regular season (I assume), finishing 13-6, .918 SV%, 2.16 GAA and 3 shutouts.
Greiss was 16-9, .913 SV%, 2.74 GAA and zero shutouts last season.

Our goaltending tandem this year was better than last, with one more game to play. Currently allows about half a goal less per game than last year. Kind of crazy that's an area we improved in, it's better than the year Lehner and Greiss won the Jennings.

I heard they're going to re-draw the country line to make it easier. :sarcasm:;)

Obviously that's not going to happen, but I found the following interesting.

Inside the Islanders' new arena, built for the COVID-19 era

'Apr 27, 2021

ELMONT, N.Y. --

"Everything that you see at the UBS Arena is designed to fit into the historic facade of the Belmont Park racetrack," said Tim Leiweke, CEO of Oak View Group, the firm that's overseeing construction of the arena. "We wanted to honor the history and tradition of it, and the last 100 years of sports and culture in New York.

"[NHL commissioner] Gary Bettman's fondest dream is to have a Stanley Cup game in the afternoon, and then have the Belmont Stakes after it."...

"This was built for the Islanders' fans, to reward them for 30 years' worth of patience," Leiweke said. "These fans deserve a permanent home, and they deserve a home that's the best rink in New York City. Everyone counted us out, because they said we can't compete with the other buildings in the marketplace. But this building will be spectacular, and it will be iconic."...'

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
What about Aussie visitors? LOL
Made it to Brooklyn and Coli, so need to get to UBS to have the full house!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

'Apr 27, 2021

ELMONT, N.Y. --

"Everything that you see at the UBS Arena is designed to fit into the historic facade of the Belmont Park racetrack," said Tim Leiweke, CEO of Oak View Group, the firm that's overseeing construction of the arena. "We wanted to honor the history and tradition of it, and the last 100 years of sports and culture in New York.

"[NHL commissioner] Gary Bettman's fondest dream is to have a Stanley Cup game in the afternoon, and then have the Belmont Stakes after it."...

"This was built for the Islanders' fans, to reward them for 30 years' worth of patience," Leiweke said. "These fans deserve a permanent home, and they deserve a home that's the best rink in New York City. Everyone counted us out, because they said we can't compete with the other buildings in the marketplace. But this building will be spectacular, and it will be iconic."...'
Just giving you one last joke. ;)

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
What about Aussie visitors? LOL
Made it to Brooklyn and Coli, so need to get to UBS to have the full house!

I mean, 41 games is a lot. If 3-4 are with international Isles fans I think that'd be a blast. Gotta convince the wife to stay home now tho :laugh:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

'Apr 27, 2021

ELMONT, N.Y. --

The seats in my section, Section 117, will lie just over the county line in NYC :sarcasm:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He may not be a great talent, but I think one thing you can count on is Leo giving his all, every shift, every game.

I thought the most impressive thing he did last night was actually catch Hughes when he got by Dobson.

Yep, that's why he's a good 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad