Post-Game Talk: Islanders vs Devils. Last reg season game at The Barn again. W 5-1

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Well nice fitting way to end regular season play at the Colosseum. Congrats, great history here. Onto the Playoffs, with one more to go. More memories to come.

Reactions: Olliemets

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Solid win. The boys needed this one.

3 Stars:

1. Nelly
2. Palms
3. Barzy

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Now we need to beat Boston in regulation, and the Caps to beat Boston any way the day after, and we move up to three.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Good win.

Oingo Boingo for Sorokin.

Old Faithful for the boys.

I am a simple man, I see

like_button.gif

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Sorry about the gdt, work is killing me. On day 10 of 13 straight. Glad we got the win for the "official" last regular season game at the NVMC. It really sucks not many could be there. So now we can scrub that last "official" regular season home loss to the Jackets.

I tell you what frightens me to death. If we lose to Washington it will be 2xs they closed the NVMC, and I just can't handle that.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Even though I have never been to Coliseum, listening to the last regulation game was emotional.

I was thinking about going to Coli tonight but being in a place for the last time, and knowing its the last time, is depressing. Glad I didn't know at the time I saw my last Allmans, Floyd, Petty shows -just walked out happy.

Reactions: BTrotts19

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Hoping they can feed off of this. I think they are better going into the playoffs with some momentum.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Solid game throughout. A few lapses here and there but much better pace from the team tonight. Zajac on the fourth line is more than acceptable. He turned that line from a hitting line into a shut down line. We're pretty deep if injuries strike our bottom 6 and we're totally f***ed if our top 6 gets banged up at all.

Sorokin has finished the regular season (I assume), finishing 13-6, .918 SV%, 2.16 GAA and 3 shutouts.
Greiss was 16-9, .913 SV%, 2.74 GAA and zero shutouts last season.

Our goaltending tandem this year was better than last, with one more game to play. Currently allows about half a goal less per game than last year. Kind of crazy that's an area we improved in, it's better than the year Lehner and Greiss won the Jennings.

Hopefully the Canada-US line reopens soon.

I heard they're going to re-draw the country line to make it easier. :sarcasm:;)

Reactions: MJF

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Solid game throughout. A few lapses here and there but much better pace from the team tonight. Zajac on the fourth line is more than acceptable. He turned that line from a hitting line into a shut down line. We're pretty deep if injuries strike our bottom 6 and we're totally f***ed if our top 6 gets banged up at all.

Sorokin has finished the regular season (I assume), finishing 13-6, .918 SV%, 2.16 GAA and 3 shutouts.
Greiss was 16-9, .913 SV%, 2.74 GAA and zero shutouts last season.

Our goaltending tandem this year was better than last, with one more game to play. Currently allows about half a goal less per game than last year. Kind of crazy that's an area we improved in, it's better than the year Lehner and Greiss won the Jennings.

I heard they're going to re-draw the country line to make it easier. :sarcasm:;)

Yep, goaltending has been much improved since last postseason. That gives me faith in the postseason; goaltending can win a series, though I'm not convinced these two are *that good. They'll give you a good chance to win though.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Solid win. The boys needed this one.

3 Stars:

1. Nelly
2. Palms
3. Barzy
The NHL site shows Nelly, Leo, and Barzy, but Palms and Wally fit just as well. Any three of those five.

On both the goals by Eberle and Barzal, Komarov made the play in his own end, and then went to the bench. Beau picked up two free +, just for stepping on the ice. Shows how meaningless +/- can be at times.

Reactions: MJF

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Leo did make defensive plays to spur the offense. LW is his spot, here's hoping he gives it his all, e.g. to create turnovers and actually shoot when he's in the slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad