GDT: Islanders Training Camp 2020-21 Season

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I like Johnston and Bellows on JGP's wings. Before we knock Johnston , lets see what he can do next to Pageau for 10-15 games.

At the least, it's good to see he supplanted MDC or maybe Trotz will do this just to open up the season vs the Rangers.
So Johnson hits, goes to the corners and digs out pucks is a tree in front of the net doesn't allow other teams to take liberties and has been known to pot a few goals here and there.
He will provide room for JGP to jitterbug across the ice and is a solid team guy who has paid his dues. If BT is comfortable with him so be it.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
CapFriendly reports Skarek, Bellows, Czarnik, and Koivula on taxi squad. I'm somewhat surprised.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
I know this is a joke, but isn't all official league business still done via fax? I find it absurd when businesses require it today.

I work for a company where one of our offerings is cloud fax. You'd be amazed at how much faxing is still done in certain industries - health care for one, legal, etc.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I work for a company where one of our offerings is cloud fax. You'd be amazed at how much faxing is still done in certain industries - health care for one, legal, etc.

Yeah, the idea is that it's more secure...even though it isn't. But I digress.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
CapFriendly reports Skarek, Bellows, Czarnik, and Koivula on taxi squad. I'm somewhat surprised.
MDC on the IR too, with Wally listed on the 23 man roster. Wonder what happened to MDC? Leo also listed on the 23 man roster after clearing waivers, and Timishov still listed as an RFA on the 23 man roster as well.

Something is weird

Reactions: Hunn and MJF

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Looks like Bolduc and Wilde down to minors according to cap friendly, which means Aho as the #7 D like we all expected. Excited to see how those dudes develop though

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
MDC on the IR too, with Wally listed on the 23 man roster. Wonder what happened to MDC? Leo also listed on the 23 man roster after clearing waivers, and Timishov still listed as an RFA on the 23 man roster as well.

Something is weird

Roster defiantly in flux right now. Might take a couple. Days for everything to shake out.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Looks like Bolduc and Wilde down to minors according to cap friendly, which means Aho as the #7 D like we all expected. Excited to see how those dudes develop though

Hickey is on the roster apparently right now too.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Something is weird
MDC got the injury that was meant for Andrew Ladd :madfire:

Reactions: Beacon Isles

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Wouldn't it make more sense having him on the taxi squad until we need him. We save a little cash if he is down and some guy making 700k is up

for me it does. Saves money. Right now they have 13 F and 8 D. Bellows on the taxi squad. I’m assuming Kom moves to taxi squad and bellows comes off.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I have a feeling paper transactions won't match up with tomorrow's lineup. I doubt that Bellows would practice on the third line and not play.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad