Islanders Top 15 (Geico)

tommyhendo15

Aug 18, 2014
First, yes, absolutely looking forward to THIS season
but Geico released the results of the fan vote for top 15 Islanders of all time and all 15 will be coming back. Sorry if I'm dating myself, but Ed Westfall is not on the list. John Tavares is. JT will be playing in every game this year. I know the Isles put Westfall in their HOF, but he really should be part of this top 15 group. Although I hope Tavares will go down as an all time Islander great, I think he could have afforded to have been kept off this list for now, but obviously fans will go for the modern players because that is who they know. Here's hoping that the Isles find a way to incorporate Westfall into their final season...especially since both Kate Murray and the fisherman jersey will be honored and coming back...ugh!!!!!!

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I voted in the top 15 poll. honestly, there's not much controversy, unless you want to quibble with their borderline ballot choices (I love Okposo. But he wasn't close to a viable candidate.). Maybe having Tavares on there is premature, but by the end of this season he's probably going to be top 15 in most of our major stat rankings anyway. I think the only guy I voted for who didn't make it was Pat Flatley.

tommyhendo15

Aug 18, 2014
Yep, I'm with you.
For a "fan" poll, we do know our Isles!
It's a good looking list of 15
I did not know the Kate Murray article was satire... that is good to hear.
I sure wish the fisherman jersey article was satire too.

There's only so many games to be played, you have to focus on this year, they ARE staying in NY, I realize all that and it's not a perfect world.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tavares as much as anyone, I just think, for now, we could have afforded to keep him away from a pre game ceremony and had someone like Westfall back again, but what can you do.

Thanks for posting previous posters...good info!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad